As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Senior Cybersecurity Engineer (Product Security) What's it all about?
Cybersecurity is at the beating heart of our culture. Our diligence & expertise is what makes us the undisputed leader in electronic payments. We've made it our priority to create a top-tier Security Architecture team, poised to defend us against any potential cyber threats.We're looking for those of you who are inherently driven & fascinated by the art & science of cyber defense. We'll arm you with the very best tools & tech so that you can deliver top notch results.Development underpins job fulfillment at Visa. As Senior Cybersecurity Engineer, you'll be enthused by getting stuck into various defense & security sector related projects, as well as the chance to work with people from a range of disciplines, as well as colleagues & clients at every level. So what do we expect of you day to day?
- Be a product security champion by driving Security Architecture & Design/implementation/optimization for Web, API & Mobile backend applications across Visa.
- Engage in the initial requirements definition (including analysis of threats & risks & alignment with Visa security, Engineering, IT & Architecture standards.
- Conduct & facilitate security reviews, threat modelling including deep design reviews throughout the development lifecycle.
- Facilitate "table-top"/red-team/scenario analysis exercises in conjunction with other SME's; & plan the resolution of any identified vulnerabilities/issues.
- You'll be working on enabling/building security on various platforms & technologies which protect the applications from attacks like:
- Payment processing platforms, Payment Wallet solutions, Consumer facing applications, COTS products deployed in house, public clouds, Issuer/Acquirer facing platforms & applications, white labelled solutions for partners.
- zTPF, zOS, MVS, Linux, Windows, VMWare, Openstack, SDN, Public cloud like AWS, Google
- Cybersecurity tools like IDS, SIEM, Tripwire, Tanium, Netwitness, Netflow, WAF
- HSMs, Tokenization systems, data encryption solutions from Safenet, Vormetric etc
- Web technologies like HTTP, SOAP, REST services, AJAX
- Databases like Oracle, MS SQL, Couchbase, Cassandra, Riak, Aerospike
- Caching services like Kafka, Coherence, MQ
- Big-data like Hadoop
- Web Access Management solutions like Forgerock, Siteminder, Custom/in-house Security Frameworks
- Automate security tools & processes ensuring innovation & advancement strategies that keep pace in the areas of access control, security-in-depth, secure transaction processing, secure coding practices forweb & mobileapplications.
- Help business & product team to achieve various compliance certifications like PCI, FFIEC etc.
- Be responsible foroverall planning, direction & oversight of multiple projects, products, services or functions.
- Identify & analyse system & application level vulnerabilities to provide recommended counter measures or mitigating controls that reduce risk to an acceptable & manageable level.
- Independently formulate direction, design or oversight for the development of major Enteprise-wide programs or plans that have significant impact on the success of the organization.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience & a Bachelor's Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- You will have significantprogressiveexperience in building secure applications preferably payment platforms, systems that can withstand all types of threats from various threat agent.
- You will have a deep understandingof current compliance, regulatory & legal requirements relevant to the transaction processing industry such as PCI, HIPPA, SOX, & GLB.
- Knowledge of administrative, physical & technical controls that could be built around networks, systems & applications to secure them.
- A proven record of accomplishment indesigning security controls for complex web applications with backend services expertise such as API Gateway, Identity & Access Management Services, Data Protection technologies, Security Information Event Management etc.
- Strong knowledge of deep design review & Secure Development Lifecycle methodologies, Agile based methodologies, middleware platforms, development platforms (Java, C, C++, .NET etc.)
- An individual with experience of working on large scale cloud based services (including SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) & very understanding of security challenges involve in deploying Cloud Applications
- Experienced hands on SW development in C/Objective-C/C++/Swift/Java
- Technical experience with security technologies including, but not limited to, intrusion detection/prevention, event correlation, firewall, antivirus, anti-spam, policyenforcement,patch/configuration management, usage monitoring, audit, secure application development, etc.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0-5% of the time
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.