The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, & create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is poised to rapidly innovate & grow like no other time in its history. This is a unique opportunity to leave your mark on one of the most influential & trafficked corners of the internet.
The Ad Delivery team is one of the core engineering teams in the Ads group. It is responsible for building & maintaining critical components that make up Reddit's ad serving platform. This includes:
- Service-oriented architecture responsible for serving a high volume (500+ MM per day) of ads requests under a strict latency SLA of 100 milliseconds per request
- Mission critical real-time streaming & batch processing systems used for pacing, billing & analytics
- Control System that paces advertising budgets intelligently to ensure optimal ROI for advertisers
- Real-time reporting backend system that provides advertisers insights into how their ad campaigns are performing
As a Site Reliability Engineer, youll use your knowledge of operating distributed systems to improve the consistency, reliability, & performance of our growing ecosystem of services. Youll also use your development experience to contribute to the internal Infrastructure Product that all of Reddit Engineering uses to develop, deploy, & operate their services.
- Collaborate with all Ads Engineering teams to design & develop systems that are resilient & highly performant at tremendous scale
- Build tools & systems that will help support & scale the operation of Reddits advertising infrastructure & services
- Draw on your knowledge of distributed systems to identify & fix network, system, & service-level issues
- Design systems & processes that all Ads engineers will use to manage & deploy software in production
- Lead efforts to improve observability & performance of the ad serving platform & reduce costs.
- 4+ years of Software Infrastructure Engineering experience
- Experience with the development & operation of high-traffic backend systems
- Production Kubernetes experience
- Understanding of Docker containers & runtimes
- A demonstrated ability to debug, fix, & optimize code
- Troubleshooting skills that span applications, networking (TCP/IP), & systems
- Strong working knowledge of Linux (or UNIX) & TCP/IP.
- Excellent communication & collaborative skills
- Proficiency with Kubernetes, Mesos or DC/OS
- At least 2 of managing processes built in Golang, Java, Scala, Pytho
- Experience managing high-scale systems, Ads preferred
- Experience with alerting & metrics collection via StatsD
- Experience with managing Kafka