About working at Agoda:
Agoda is one of the worlds largest online hotel & accommodation booking platforms. Founded in 2005 & now a part of Booking Holdings, Agoda offers travelers a fast, easy way to book their holiday accommodation from over 1 million properties in almost every country on earth.
Since its acquisition by the Priceline group in 2007, Agoda has been growing at an exceptional rate. Having established itself as the dominant Online Travel Agency in Asia, it is now growing its presence in Europe & the USA. This role will help to ad growth to our U.S. presence, where both our New York & Los Angeles offices are looking to expand in the coming years.
In every department, Agoda provides an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, & experimentation, & the tools to work faster & smarter than almost anyone in the online travel agency market. Our people are some of the most passionate people in the travel industry, & it is this passion that has allowed us to grow so quickly & create a best in class service for our hotel partners.
Come join our global team at Agoda, where you will have the opportunity to contribute to the success of the company & make a difference!
The Office Manager ensures the efficient & effective running of Agodas New York City office by overseeing various office & administrative activities, while also offering limited remote support to Agodas other U.S. offices (e.g., California, Florida). The Office Manager should bring enthusiasm to the office culture & workplace & is encouraged to recommend & implement new ideas & programs. This person will be expected to interact in a professional & responsive manner with all those who engage with the organization. The Office Managers time is divided between day-to-day office logistics & a variety of special projects, such as planning office events.
- Ensure efficient & effective running of Agodas NYC office
- Facilitate communications to staff of office-related changes, updates, & news
- Maintain inventory of office supplies & establish procurement procedures
- Serve as primary point of contact for employees & visitors, including fielding initial notice of office-related issues, distributing office badges, & fielding calls to the main phone number for Agodas NYC office
- Ensure that the NYC office reception area displays a professional appearance & ideal first impression to visitors
- Handle incoming or outgoing mail in accordance with established procedures; facilitate employee correspondence
- Oversee third-party vendor selection, make recommendations to senior management, facilitate vendor payments
- Make budget recommendations for office expenses & operate within approved budget
- Manage relationship with building management on issues related to the NYC office and/or the building
- Alert appropriate administrative & supervisory personnel in the event of a security-related issue
- Coordinate with I.T. & HR on logistics for new hires & exiting employees; conduct office-related orientations for new hires
- Handle end-to-end planning of & logistics for in-house & off-site events & meetings
- Support localization of global Agoda initiatives, such as Corporate Social Responsibility & Employee Engagement
- Acquire promotional items for new hires & business partners
- Support safety initiatives & programs by coordinating with appropriate personnel (e.g., Agodas internal security & compliance officer, building contacts)
- Handle other administrative requests & operational tasks concerning the NYC office
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as administrative assistant or office manager
- College or university degree preferred
- Experience with planning events & procurement
- Hands-on experience with standard office equipment (e.g., printers, scanners)
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills; fluency in English, both written & spoken
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, & PowerPoint
- Proactive, service-minded, results-oriented & able to work autonomously
- Polite, tactful & able to maintain professional composure under pressure
- Organized & detail-oriented, with ability to prioritize effectively
Supervisory Responsibility: No supervisory responsibilities
Work Schedule: Typical workdays are Monday through Friday, 9:00am 5:30pm, with half hour (unpaid) lunch.
Physical Demands: In addition to being able to perform regular office duties, the employee will occasionally need to lift/move objects of up to 25 lbs.
Travel: No regular travel; minimal travel possible for occasional meetings & special events
Other great things about working at Agoda:
- Summer office hours program, where weekends start early
- Centrally located in Empire State Building
- Private Insurance with excellent Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted visits to the Empire State Building rooftop viewing area
- Company matched retirement plan
- Generous paid time off including vacation time & holidays
- Employee hotel discounts
- Monthly team parties.