Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging & interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about helping our customers & partners realize the benefits of DigitalOceans cloud infrastructure.
We are looking for an entry-level Business Development Representative focused on the APAC market who can build, facilitate & drive new customer acquisition to enable DO to meet its monthly recurring revenue goals (MRR).
The Business Development Representative is an individual contributor role reporting to the APAC GTM Lead. In this position you will play a critical role in expanding our presence in the market, & converting warm & cold leads into DO acquisition opportunities. You will work closely with the sales & marketing teams to ensure seamless transition of opportunities once qualified. Like any high performing team, you will be measured by results, in this case the volume & quality of your opportunity identification, tracked through to workload deployment. In summary, you will be the first line of engagement with future DO customers & will have an impact on the success of DO as an organization.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Managing a high volume of daily inbound leads from a variety of marketing sources
- Managing a high volume of daily outbound emails & calls to identified targeted leads
- Building & maintaining a prospective list of potential high value users
- Creating personalized emails to engage targeted accounts
- Using Social Selling techniques to expand network & open up new opportunities
- Processing unqualified inquiries to pre-qualified opportunities
- Providing exceptional customer service to inbound inquiries
- Documenting & tracking within a Salesforce CRM system
- Providing feedback on lead quality & effectiveness of GTM lead generation activities
What Well Expect From You:
- Proven lead generation experience
- Experience in relationship development & opportunity identification
- Previous experience in IaaS or PaaS is a plus
- Ability to clearly understand & articulate solution value propositions
- Technical aptitude to understand our products
- Strong verbal & written communication skills, with the ability to explain technical concepts in clear & concise terms
- Ability to quickly synthesize & put to use new information
- Experience in SFDC a plus
- Strong organizational & time management skills
- Bachelors Degree strongly preferred
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge, & Bangalore, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our GTM team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!