--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health & safety of our candidates & our employees come first,
we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews & new hire on-boarding.
This is an office-based role, but we will provide all the necessary support to work remotely until our offices reopen.
Minimum Experience: 7+ years
Type: Full time
Team: Mobile Engineering Team
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, & real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established & refined the leading AI platform for real-time event & risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events & emerging risks within an increasingly diverse & complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, & better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, & actionable alerts to public & private sector organizations around the world.
Weve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices & raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, & have fun. Join us & help the world manage risk in real time.
Who you are:
You're a passionate technical leader who believes in building mobile apps that solve users problems. Your inclination is to continuously improve the applications you work on & how you work. As much as you enjoy learning, you are also passionate about sharing your knowledge with your team & mentoring other engineers. This includes:
- Desire to spend most of your time modeling strong engineering practices through hands on coding
- Collaborate with User Experience, Product, & other engineers to design solutions with balanced tradeoffs (experience in Lean product development is great!)
- Break down complex deliverables into smaller, easy to release milestones
- Able to manage scope vs timeline conversations when organizing & leading initiatives
- Provide the technical vision that will enable us to build a great product
- Help form technical strategy to guide how we make technical investments (pay down tech debt)
- Implement well organized & tested code (Test Driven Development)
- Engineer with high frequency code integration (think trunk-based development)
- Mentor team members in evolving their skills as software engineers
- Follow industry best practices & drive adoption on team (if it fits the job)
- Able to model continuously learning & improvement
- Participate in shaping the interview process & bringing in new team members
- Desire to build a high-performing, cross-platform mobile team
The mobile engineering team is looking for a technical leader to partake in an ambitious revamp of our mobile product suite at Dataminr. In collaboration with design & product leaders, you would help define & build new mobile-first experiences for our customers. As a Principal engineer, you would drive the direction of the architecture, tooling, team engineering practices. We are a small mobile team building the Dataminr mobile apps (two iOS & two Android), therefore we need to be focused on building the right features. As an agile team, we are inspired by XP practices, our methodology combines Kanban & Scrum principles.
Our technical stack is currently a mix of native iOS/Android & React Native (w/ Redux). Here is a subset of the tools we use:
- IDEs: Intellij/Webstorm, Android Studio, Xcode
- Testing: Jest, Mockito, assertj, Appium, XCTest, Android Espresso
- CI/CD: Gitlab, Google Firebase, Fastlane
Why you should work here:
- We recognize & reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, & passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning & development fund & professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave & 100% company paid parental leave
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks & beverages, & catered meals
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental & physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation & health & fitness app reimbursements
and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.