BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, & our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence & advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, & self-driving carsall of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pures technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
Weve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, & as we continue to gobble up market share, were blazing trails & setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture & unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say bring it on to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Pure Storage is looking for a world-class Indirect Tax Compliance Senior to support the local manager in charge of the global indirect tax compliance of Pure Storage US & its affiliates. It would require strong organizational & process skills. The work would expose the senior to a global environment where we every day is different with new challenges & opportunities to learn. This role reports directly to the Global Indirect Manager based in Prague.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Being in charge of the preparation of the global indirect tax compliance of the Company; (around 30 countries & 50 VAT registrations);
- Support the design & implement best practices & procedure to scale & automate the indirect compliance process;
- Team with compliance advisors for the submission of the indirect tax return;
- Support & participate in & manage indirect tax audits.;
- In charge of the VAT accountancy;
- Support the indirect tax manager in relation to VAT, Goods & Services Tax, Consumption Tax & other similar transaction taxes regarding the current & new business initiatives;
- Provide ad-hoc support to the International Tax team for non-indirect tax-related matters (i.e. RD survey, communication with tax authorities, etc.)
Team / Structure
- Report to the Global Indirect Tax Manager based in Prague, CZ;
- Support International accounting team based in Dublin, Ireland;
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant Global VAT/indirect tax experience;
- Working knowledge of various VAT classifications including ESS, Intra-community transactions, custom;
- Experience in both industry & law firm/Big 4 accounting firm highly desired; experience in Shared Services Center will be appreciated;
- Detailed exposure to VAT taxation, country-specific or multi-jurisdictional VAT consulting & VAT compliance;
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced & dynamic environment;
- Strong computer skills utilizing MS Excel, Word, & PowerPoint;
- Being flexible with hours to partiality adapt to US schedule (potential late meeting);
- Ability to develop meaningful relationships with cross-functional internal stakeholders;
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy & consistency in performing all essential duties;
- Strong organization skills & meticulous attention to detail;
- Highly motivated, strong analytical skills, & results-driven;
- Proven ability to succeed in both collaborative & independent work environments;
- Strong communication skills & the ability to interface with multiple groups inside & outside of tax;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
BE YOUCORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, & make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice & can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts & celebrate individuality, & with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, & expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal & professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local & global communities through volunteering & grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full & best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, & company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.