- Identify & communicate current & emerging security threats
- Create solutions that balance business requirements with information & cyber security requirements
- Align standards, frameworks & security with overall business & technology strategy & objectives
- Validate reference architectures for security best practices & recommend changes to enhance security & reduce risk, where applicable
- Train end users & technical staff in the implementation, use and/or remediation of systems
- Work with General Counsel to develop policies & processes that comply with state & federal law, including incident response & data retention
- Support PCI & SOX initiatives, internal technology audits, & GDPR/CCPA initiatives
- Responsible for maintaining security & intrusion detection across infrastructure & home grown applications
- Develop a target architecture for security at Bark; establish & maintain a roadmap to help us get there as well as tracking progress
- Work with product owners to influence their products & roadmaps to ensure alignment with target architecture & vision
- Create & maintain security architecture artifacts (i.e. models, patterns, templates, etc) that can be used (and reused) to leverage security capabilities
Required Technical Skills & Competencies:
- A diverse technical background with 5+ years experience in:
- Security architecture, demonstrating solutions delivery, principles & emerging technologies - Designing & implementing security solutions. This includes continuous monitoring & making improvements to those solutions.
- Consulting & engineering in the development & design of security best practices & implementation of solid security principles across the organization, to meet business goals & legal/regulatory requirements.
- Security considerations of cloud computing: including data breaches, incident response, hacking, account hijacking, insider threats, third party/vendors, data loss, DoS attacks & cloud based application delivery.
- Identity & access management - including SSO, employee remote access, third party access & device management.
- Network security - including firewalls, AWS VPC security, multi-site WAN & WIFI security.
- Encryption standards & implementation
Experience with & Knowledge Of:
- New Relic
- Sumo Logic
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Strong critical thinking & analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify risks associated with business processes, operations, information security programs & technology projects
- Ability to be the security subject matter expert who can explain technical topics to those without a technical background; Exceptional communication skills with cross-functional audiences
- Must demonstrate proven success in working independently as well in a team & exhibit follow-through to understand root causes of issues
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in New York, NY. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, unlimited PTO & a dog to pet anytime you wish.