About the right team member:
You are a process-driven individual who loves checking items off your to-do list. You are always thinking of ways to make complicated tasks more efficient, while keeping a keen eye on the big picture. You have a knack for foreseeing when a situation could be risky & quickly resolving it appropriately.
You are extremely detail-oriented with a passion for organization. You grasp complex topics quickly & are adept at thinking on your feet to solve problems in a creative & holistic manner. You are a strong communicator who enjoys interacting with other people to address any issue that comes your way. You are excited to support our customer operations team & play a crucial role in keeping our business growing & running smoothly.
At Betterment, our Operations team is keen on efficiency & iteration. We are talented & eager to learn from our colleagues, & to help make them better. There is no job too small for us; we are focused & we always strive for excellence.
At Betterment You Will Get To:
- Drive daily customer-focused operations, including reviewing & processing account transactions, monitoring risk across the business, & fielding third-party requests
- Suggest improvements to operational processes & ways to make servicing customer requests more efficient & scalable
- Troubleshoot operational problems, investigate why they happened, & collaborate with the engineering team to employ fixes
- Interact with customers on an as-needed basis to resolve operational inquiries
- Work with the Customer Experience team on operational topics to provide a unified customer experience
You Will Be Effective If You Have:
- Prior experience at a bank/financial institution in back-office operations, finance, investing, or business administration
- Proficiency with Excel/Google Sheets
- Detail-oriented mindset & excellent organizational skills
- Ability to learn quickly & problem solve on the fly with little guidance
- Good intuition & ability to assess unclear situations with limited information
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact with customers empathetically
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $14 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers long-term returns & lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, & other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies & uses technology to deliver them to more than 370,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, & Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
Were an equal opportunity employer & comply with all applicable federal, state, & local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit & do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity & status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.