Here at Appian, were passionate about automation, speed, & efficiency; & the CIO department is a great place to apply these values! From Information Security, Business Technology, to Solution Engineering, joining Appian will provide you with the opportunity to lead technical strategy, execution & communication for all applications to support Appian employees, customers, & partners across the world. Join us, as we work collaboratively to grow Appian across the world.
Appians Information Security team is looking for an experienced Program Manager to closely partner with our Security Engineering team. This role will strategically oversee cross function projects in supporting Security Engineering & Operations work.
Appian is headquartered in the McLean, Virginia area, & we are supportive of both Remote & Hybrid work environments.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Work alongside our teams to become a Subject Matter Expert in building business objectives, compliance, & technical requirements
- Create actionable tasks while partnering with Security Engineering & Operations, including centralized logging & monitoring, zero trust initiatives, incident response automation
- Maintain knowledge repository for lessons learned through pre-mortems, post-mortems, & cultivating a community of practice for enabling security engineers to manage their own projects
- Lead meetings with variety of technical & non-technical audiences
- Develop deliverables with support of vendor management, including vendor agreements & selection processes
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related technology field
- 5+ years of experience, ideally as a Project Manager for a Scrum team
- Strategic thinker & problem solver with a proven ability to prioritize, negotiate, & execute in order to accomplish amazing things
- Software Engineering experience is an added plus
Some of the tools & resources we will equip you with include:
- We value innovation & investment in our people by providing opportunities for growth & leadership. Whether its through Engineering IndieTime (dedicated time to build whatever you want with whomever you want), or annual hackathons, we value activities that inspire others & get creative juices flowing.
- Well immerse you into our community rooted in respect starting on day one. Our community is strong & growing! Our affinity groups are a great place to start connecting with peers from all across the globe.
- Appian offers a wide variety of growth & development opportunities such as: our in-house Appian MBA program for new managers, Appian University which is a full library of over 3,000 LinkedIn Learning & Udemy courses, Presentation Skills training, & tuition reimbursement for those seeking to further their education.
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation & value. Today, we help businesses build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented & passionate people, given the power & autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile & collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, & all voices are heard. We value & encourage cross-departmental collaboration, & actively seek opportunities to better ourselves & others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, were focused on lasting positive change.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com & let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.