Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Our design department is a multi-disciplinary team comprising brand design, product design, design operations, content strategy, user research & service design. We work cross-functionally with just about every team to deliver a unified customer experience that inspires & brings value to small businesses.
We are looking for Senior Product Designers who care deeply about their customers & distilling complex problems into thoughtful, beautiful, holistic experiences. Were looking for those who naturally do their best work when collaborating with engineering, product, research, data, & marketing.
As a Senior Product Designer, you:
- Enjoy collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders & work transparently to create designs based on findings from research, data, & feedback from your team
- Are always looking for ways to craft simple solutions out of complex problems with an awareness of the customers point of view, market need, an obsession for detail, & an eye for sharp visual design
- Have a learn-through-experimentation mindset
- Love exploring the latest & greatest in prototyping tools while keeping emerging design patterns & visual treatments on your radar
- Work from product briefs, with clearly articulated goals & hypotheses
- Strive for clarity, working to influence others & build consensus, when dealing with ambiguity
- Work iteratively & love learning fast, taking action, reacting quickly to new information, & focusing on results
- Are customer-focused & value diverse perspectives
- Think about the entire system, providing solutions that better the entire customer experience, not only the feature
What you'll do here:
- Work with a product manager, engineers, product marketing, content strategy, research, & product analytics to to create holistic end-to-end experiences
- Explore & refine concepts, then narrow to the best solution, weighing technical feasibility & scope with your team
- Work in Figma to deliver elegant solutions to the right problems, advocating for our diverse customer base with data & in-depth research to help meet their unique needs
- Commit to understanding & knowing our users through creating research plans, leading & participating in research, focused on both the intangibles (emotional needs) & tangibles (functional needs)
- Use storytelling, facilitation, & insights to create empathy with our customers & guide your product team
- Raise the bar for the quality of design at Mailchimp through your design work, mentorship, facilitation, & workshops
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Can show experience shipping high impact, successful digital products
- Speak KPIs, OKRs & understand how to rely on data to support your work
- Naturally look for opportunities to unify the customer experience across products & platforms
- Are a self-starter who works proactively to solve problems & bring clarity to ambiguity
- Facilitate both design-focused & cross-functional sessions with ease, relying on your knowledge of facilitation tools & techniques
- Seek to understand, & believe that diverse perspectives are the key to successful implementation in a forgiving, fast-paced, learning environment
- Teammates look to you for best practices when it comes to UX, visual design, patterns, systems thinking, or customer-centric approaches to work
- Can produce results independently as well as collaboratively in a team
- Understand how modern technologies are used with design
- Love balancing best practices with smart risks
- Have experience or a desire to mentor, while believing you still have a lot to learn
- Have experience designing within & evolving a design system
- Know how to measure success & guide designs to ensure your work supports a strategic goal
- Power to influence others & build consensus, while dealing with ambiguity
- Have at least 1 year of experience working on QBO and/or QBM & show proficiency in QBDS & for web & mobile
- Are able to leverage mobile QBDS to deliver elegant mobile interface design solutions for IOS & Android
- Demonstrate expert level knowledge in mobile platforms (iOS & Android)
- Have proficiency in designing & prototyping in Figma
- Can flex between low fidelity & high fidelity design as needed
- Have an interest or in-depth familiarity with the latest trends in mobile app user experience
- Possess operational understanding of Accessibility & ability to incorporate accessibility in the Mobile designs
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We dont just appreciate differences, we celebrate them, support them, & hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. Were dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what were looking for (even if you dont check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start & grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, & inspiring content. Millions of businesses & individualsfrom community organizations to Fortune 100 companiestrust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 & based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, & Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks & benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers & give you ample opportunity to grow & succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who wold like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact email@example.com.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression & gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants & employees based on any of these protected categories, & complies with all applicable state & federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.