Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT & our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, & sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware & software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, & AI to operations across various industries. Samsaras fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, & London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, & Dragoneer.
We are looking for a smart, ambitious & experienced Accounts Payable Accountant to support the business. This opportunity requires an experienced individual with high attention to detail, excellent problem-solving abilities, & an enthusiastic attitude. Candidates must have the ability to juggle multiple tasks & priorities, thrive in a highly driven environment, enjoy learning new skills, procedures, & systems, & have an overall desire to contribute to company growth.
This is a full-time position at our office in Atlanta, & includes Lyft/Uber commuter benefits, stock options, 401(k) match, medical, dental, vision benefits.
- Review, analyze & respond to external/internal supplier inquiries.
- Handle invoices in multi-currency from domestic & international vendors.
- Review AP Invoice Aging.
- Ability to process high volume of data accurately & efficiently.
- Work closely with individuals at all levels of the Company to ensure timely & appropriate processing of invoices & payments & in accordance with Company policies & procedures.
- Manage the weekly payments runs to ensure timely payments to vendors.
- Assist in maintaining vendor files, including collecting required vendor W-9 forms.
- Manage annual 1099 reporting.
- Request & review vendor statements & work directly with vendors to resolve discrepancies & respond to inquiries, including questions on POs & payments.
- Maintain accounts payable customer files.
- Prepare JE & related account reconciliations.
- Help implementing process improvements by gaining a better understanding of the systems.
- Assist with accounting projects as needed, including Month-End close & annual external audit.
- Bachelors degree, preferably in accounting.
- 2+ years Accounts Payable or accounting experience desired.
- Able to work with high volume of transactions in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of operational accounting processes.
- Must be able to meet or exceed deadlines with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong ability to prioritize & organize work effectively.
- Must be able to collaborate & communicate effectively.
- Experience with NetSuite, SFDC, & intermediate Excel skills strongly preferred
- Critical thinker, able to implement scalable processes.
- Strong organization skills with exceptional attention to detail & follow-through
- Experience in SaaS-based companies
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team & ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.