Founded in 2011, were growing fast & fundamentally changing the way people buy & sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart & creates a foundation of trust with shoppers & consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. Were proud to promote the circular economy & to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundations prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative & innovative, & were looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us & enjoy 401K matching, health, dental & vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mothers room, & flexible work hours!
The Brand Leadis a non management leadership role that will serve as quality control & support for our inbound product receiving team. As Brand Lead you will be responsible for helping reduce the rejection rate of sellable items on the inbound product receiving team through quality control, audits, research & coaching. Your luxury fashion background will assist with identifying emerging designers as well on trend & vintage styles. This role reports directly to the Product Receiving Manager & will also include engagement & coaching with the team to help improve consignor experience as well as assisting management with creating key product focuses & incentives.
This position is based in New Jersey, where employees receive the following: free shuttle from the local train station to the office, free or discounted lunch options three times per week, free bagels twice a week, on-site mini mart service for your convenience, & monthly free events with snacks & other giveaways!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for daily QC of all items rejected for brand or condition with a focus on trying to save items with resale value.
- Special audits & training recommendations for employees who rejection rates are above or below company standards.
- Documenting daily QC results & providing weekly & monthly statistics to management.
- Utilizing condition & brand standards guide to understand where exceptions can be made.
- Utilizing looker & partnering with merchandising to understand product trends.
- Attending trainings & relevant meetings with merchandising related to brand standards.
- Responsible for handling items that need a brand code added into our system.
- Presenting QC finding in daily team huddles as needed
- Working closely with copywriting to review items rejected & presenting recommendations as needed
- A degree in fashion merchandising or a related field
- 3+ years experience in a luxury fashion environment
- Experience in buying, pricing or planning is a plus
- Knowledge of vintage & archival fashion is highly recommended
- Must be comfortable with google sheets, documents, presentations & excel
- Strong research skills & understanding of fashion collection information is required
- Ability to analyze data & provide feedback to management
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks & stay organized in high volume, face paced environment
- Highly motivated individual who can work independently
- Professional, can do, team player attitude
- Ability to adjust to the ever changing environment