Innovation, collaboration, & success: at OnDeck, We Make It Happen. Weve changed the way small businesses access financing. With the spirit of a fintech start-up & the stability of a larger organization, OnDeck helps customers achieve their ambitions while leading in the small business lending space. We operate with a one team mindset, supporting each other & celebrating our wins together. If youre looking for a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, inclusive environment where you can make an impact on our customers & business, OnDeck could be the place for you.
As a Senior BI Analyst, you will analyze, track, & synthesize complex data sets & develop reporting to uncover key customer insights to inform product innovation & continuous improvements to the customer experience.
As a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst at OnDeck, you will:
- Partner with Product Managers to design & build analytical tools that enable key insights into customer segmentation & product drivers.
- Track key usage, customer, & financial metrics to explain trends; proactively identify & research meaningful changes & delve deeper into underlying data to understand & communicate drivers to key stakeholders.
- Develop self-service reporting in the Tableau environment based upon high level specifications & user needs provided by product managers & senior leadership.
- Extract data to create ad hoc analyses that enable deeper understanding of customer segments, product adoption, business trends & channel performance.
- Support & create regular reporting cadences, such as quarterly business reviews, to keep stakeholders & business leaders informed.
- Collaborate with data warehouse team & other business analysts to ensure consistency & data integrity across all areas of the company.
- Leverage knowledge base in predictive analytics as a supplement to existing company health diagnostic reporting.
Necessary qualifications for success:
- 3+ years business intelligence or other advanced analytic experience
- Self-directed leader who can interpret data to understand trends & derive meaningful business insights for senior executives with little oversight
- Deep analytical skills with demonstrated ability to translate data results into actionable business insights
- Ability to work with & manipulate data & ensure data quality; hands-on experience with relational & non-relational databases
- Strong SQL skills; other programming languages a plus
- Experience with business reporting platforms; Tableau experience a plus
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently while also enjoying collaboration with cross-functional teams & other analysts.
- Strong communication skills & ability to translate numbers into a story
- Interest in business financing with a passion for helping small business owners achieve their goals & contribute to their communities
Nice-to-haves (not required):
- Experience in R
- Experience Forecasting & using Predictive Analytics
OnDeck is the largest online small business lender in the U.S. Since 2007, weve issued over $12 billion in loans for many business needs including inventory purchase, equipment acquisition, hiring, & general corporate purposes. Serving more than 700 industries throughout the country, OnDeck has been trusted by over 100,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build a growing & thriving enterprise.
ODXs ground-breaking partnership efforts with banks began in 2015 & have subsequently proved that a bank & a financial technology (FinTech) company can work collaboratively to mutual benefit on a digital lending platform. ODX is now offering expanded platform solutions for small business lending to a broad range of banks & financial institutions globally.
Click here for a glimpse inside our offices
At OnDeck, its We Before Me. We support each other & we love seeing people succeed. Thats why we offer a competitive & comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options & opportunities. We offer:
- Flexible Paid Time Off; Paid Sick Days; Paid Holidays; Paid Birthday
- Comprehensive Healthcare (Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance)
- Wellness Subsidy & Mental Health Coaches
- Voluntary Auto/Home/Pet Insurance
- Educational Reimbursement; Flexible Working Arrangements
- 401k Matching, Loan Consolidation, Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Paid Parental Leave & Sabbaticals
- Affinity Groups & Volunteer Events
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Built in NYCs 100 Best Places to Work, 2019
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Crains New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Crains New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
- Denver Business Journal Largest Technology Employers in Denver, 2019
- Denver Business Journal Best Places to Work, 2019
- FinTech Breakthrough Award Best Overall LendTech Company, 2018
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small & Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance & Insurance, 2016
- Fortune.com & Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! Peoples Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Forbes Americas Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Great Place to Work Certification, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
- Inc. Hire Power, 2013
- Lending Trees Top Rated Customer Satisfaction, Q1 2018
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- US News & World Report, Best Unsecured Business Loans of 2018 Best for Term Loans
- Washington Post Top Places to Work, 2019
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- TalentDesks Best Large Companies for Computer Science Jobs in Arlington, Virginia: #1, 2019
- TalentDesks Best Companies for Customer Service Jobs in Denver, Colorado: #1, 2019
- TalentDesks Best Companies for Quality Assurance Jobs in Denver, Colorado: #1, 2019
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive & diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDecks employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to & including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**