Company Description|Job Description
BlaBlaCar's vision is to bring fairness, freedom & fraternity to the world of travel.
BlaBlaCar was created in 2006 with one dream in mind: fill the millions of empty seats on the road to create an efficient, affordable & friendly way to travel. Today, our global, trusted community counts 75 million members in 22 countries, enabling a smarter, large scale & truly sustainable transport network.
Born from a simple idea of people sharing their rides, BlaBlaCar's ambition is to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility. We offer long distance carpooling service, a commuting carpooling service, & since 2018 a marketplace bus service too. A filled bus emits one third of the emissions per passenger kilometer as an average car. So we want to fill those seats too!
In 2018, 84 million travellers used BlaBlaCar globally saving 1.6 million tons of CO2. Meanwhile we enabled human connections, bringing people closer together in more ways than one with 87% of members say that carpooling is an enriching experience.
BlaBlaCar offers a truly & unique international environment with a team counting 35 nationalities, serving a global member-base from 8 offices in Berlin, Kiev, Madrid, Milan, Moscow, Paris (HQ), So Paulo, Warsaw. English is the official spoken language across BlaBlaCar. We are privately-held & founder-led. Our team of 500 employees is entrepreneurial, passionate, & fundamentally mission-driven.
Why join us?
BlaBlaCar is looking for a paralegal to support the legal team (currently composed of 9 lawyers) within their daily tasks.
You will be in charge of supporting the Legal Team on their daily tasks with a strong focus on contract management. You will be reporting to the Head of Legal, while working very closely with the lawyers of the team but also with accounting team & business stakeholders on all their contract management matters.
The ideal candidate would be an enthusiastic team-player with experience in contract management but most importantly will have excellent attention to detail & organizational skills. Prior experience as a paralegal is appreciable. This is a great opportunity to improve general legal skills whilst working for a fast-paced tech & travel company.
What you will directly contribute to:
- Contract management: support business with contract review, validation, storage, tracking & reporting
- Organize & manage training sessions on contract management
- Define & implement tools to smoothen the contractualization processes
- Harmonize the contract management processes across the group
- Assist the team with the various legal tasks such as follow-up of litigations, drafting letters, management of our intellectual property portfolio, review of some standard contracts, perform other administrative tasks, etc.
- Work with other departments to ensure consistent standards & best practices
- Administer systems, processes & tools to ensure legal services are supported by effective & efficient tools, templates & processes.
- Assist with legal research & ad hoc projects.
What you will need to be successful
- Meticulous attention to detail, motivated & ability to take initiative
- Proven organization, prioritization, analytical, & judgment skills
- Project management skills
- Patience, pugnacity
- Able to communicate clearly & concisely with clients of all levels, both internally & externally
- Fluent in English - Russian is a big plus
- Relevant Bachelors degree
- Previous Experience in contract management or as a paralegal is a plus
A few practical details about the role
- Start: As soon as you are ready!
- Location: Paris HQ
- Contract: Permanent contract (CDI)
- Compensation: Competitive package based on experience
What we offer all of our employees
- The opportunity to have a meaningful impact, building a CO2-saving global travel network enabling strong human connections too.
- A strong Fun & Serious company culture
- An international environment with a team counting 35 nationalities, serving a global member-base from 8 offices around the world (Berlin, Kiev, Madrid, Milan, Moscow, Paris (HQ), So Paulo, Warsaw)
- State-of-the-art office spaces, in a great location
- A start-up spirit grounded in agility & teamwork
- Challenging career opportunities in a high-growth & fast-paced environment
- Bi-Weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn from each other
- Weekly Tech Demos, so that we're all up to date with where our product stands
And some other great perks!
- Free carpooling & bus rides to live our value Be The Member.
- BlaBlaBreak which takes us all for an unforgettable weekend every 18 months
- Possibility to work from another BlaBlaOffice abroad for a week once a year (BlaBlaSwap)
What is next
If you are ready to join our exciting journey, please apply below: upload your resume in English (PDF format) & answer our questions in English.
Kindly note that only complete applications will be reviewed by our hiring team & that all your information will be kept confidential.
You can expect us to review your application within the following 2 weeks.
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.