What is Slice?
Slice is the leading technology & marketing platform made exclusively for local pizzerias, making it super easy to order delicious, authentic local pizza anywhere, anytime. We serve the $45 billion U.S. pizzeria market in two ways: by providing a pizza-centric mobile & web ordering experience for consumers, & by empowering local restaurants with the technology, tools, & marketing to grow their business, while helping them compete with Big Pizza. Can you imagine what a small mom & pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Dominos?
What you'll do:
- Execute quantitative analyses & data mining to inform business decisions & help us understand our customers
- Build code & tools (Python, R, etc.) to automate analyses & turn them into products
- Build data flows & pipelines
- Simplify complex raw data into user friendly explores, looks, & dashboards for audiences across the organization
What we're looking for:
- BA or BS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Statistics
- Strong Python & SQL skills
- Desire to influence business decisions by building quantitative tools
- Data modeling & transformation skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- 1+ years of quantitative work experience
- Expertise in LookML & Looker
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Experience with AWS & Redshift
History of Slice:
Slice was born in 2010 & has quietly bootstrapped its way to building a network of more than 8,000 pizzerias nationwide. Ilir Sela, our founder & CEO, started the company as a passion project to help his friends & family in the pizza business, but he quickly saw a massive opportunity to champion these small businesses by bringing their bites to the masses. Ilir has since built an amazing team of operators, marketers, technologists, & investors all dedicated to making it easier for people to enjoy their favorite local pizza. Did you see we were recently Apples App of the DayOur Pizza Philosophy
We believe pizza is more than food it's a slice of life. Across the country, pizza is made by people who care about craft, history, & culture. We created Slice to champion the small mom & pop pizzerias by connecting those proud makers with customers who are just as passionate about their pizza. We celebrate pizza as the ultimate shareable food that brings people together for more than just a bite. So whether you call it a pizza parlor, slice joint, or pizzeria, we're here to help you order authentic local pizza, connect to your community, & live your best slice life.
Were growing our family every day so, if youve got a passion for local, authentic pizza & the drive to help share it with the world, wed love to have you on the team!
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.