All about these Boxed Boxes!
Boxed was launched in our CEOs garage in 2013 by our four founders; an eclectic group of experienced tech pioneers. They had a simple idea: to make shopping for bulk-sized products easy, convenient & fun. Today, we deliver a first class e-commerce experience for everyday essentials across the country. We work out of our corporate headquarters in New York City, another corporate office in San Mateo, & our three fulfillment centers serving the country from New Jersey, Nevada & Texas.
Were a late stage start-up that places technology & innovation at the heart of all that we do. Our technology platform & automated, state-of-the-art fulfillment centers make headlines & our systems utilize machine learning, predictive analytics & other technologies to ensure a delightful B2C & B2B online shopping experience. While technology is at the core of what we do, providing a personalized, thoughtful & seamless shopping experience is at the core of who we are. We value each & every customer & every single order receives a hand-written thank you note.
Unpack your Potential at Boxed!
Boxed is made up of a vibrant & fun group of engineers, designers, marketers, sales people & operations specialists -- just to name a few! We work with passion for driving superior value & experience to our customers. Our customers choose to buy from Boxed because we save them time & money, which in turn makes their lives easier. Thats where you come in!
The Finance & Strategy teams mission is to inform better strategic decisions through rigorous planning & analysis. We believe in using data to inform decisions, & we work hard to influence every important decision at the company. Our business partners trust us because we consistently deliver quality recommendations supported by accurate & detailed analysis. This person will report directly to the CFO.
- Lead organizational efforts around goal setting & budgeting, including our annual strategic planning process & quarterly reforecasts
- Own the consolidated near-term & long-term financial forecast model
- Provide comprehensive & timely financial reporting to management, the Board of Directors & other stakeholders
- Build trust with key business stakeholders to influence decisions & ensure alignment
- Collaborate with business owners to monitor & report on financial & operating performance, driving transparency & accountability across the organization
- Prepare discussion materials for meetings with the Board, investors, & key partners
- Be an integral part of investor relations activities, including supporting responses to current investor information requests along with fundraising diligence efforts
- Work hand-in-hand with accounting counterparts to support monthly financial close process & variance analyses + commentary (performance vs. YoY & Forecast)
- Manage a growing team of financial analysts; provide guidance, mentorship & career development
- Extreme focus, diligence & organizational excellence
- 6-8+ years of relevant work experience (Corporate Finance, Investment Banking, or Private Equity), including 4+ years in a Corporate Finance role
- Highly experienced in designing, building & maintaining 3-statement financial models
- Differentiated ability to present & communicate financial information & analysis
- Ability to work in a lean team & entrepreneurial environment
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Economics, or a related field
OUR package for you!
Alongside our customer focus & technology DNA, we pride ourselves on our employee centric mentality. NBC Nightly News called our CEO, Chieh Huang, Americas Dream Boss for our generous benefits. Every day is bring your dog to work day at Boxed! In addition, our team enjoys competitive compensation plus stock options, endless snacks, flexible parental leave, unlimited paid time off, company lunches, & lots of other perks -- just some of the reasons we made Crains list of best places to work in NYC. Wed love to meet you, so apply today!
Check Boxed out here! For CA residents, see our CCPA Policy.