MakeSpace is looking for a hands-on Frontend Engineering Manager to help us scale our products & lead our Growth team. We just raised $55 million in Series E funding to help make space more accessible to everyone with our full-service customer experience & full-featured technology products. Join us as we help people live more spacious lives in 31 cities across North America (and counting).
Were looking for a talented Engineering Manager to join our Growth technology team. Youll be leading a team of engineers & will help us scale our product capabilities & business in cities across North America. You will work directly with our CTO & VP of Product to build structures & processes. This is an ideal role for managers looking to take the next step in their career or an existing manager looking to be more hands on. The role involves leading teams of engineers & setting technical direction & optimizing execution.
You can expect to:
- Manage the web engineers, help them grow in their career by increasing their skillset in development, engineering, & communication.
- Drive the future technology decisions of all web projects together with your team, operating as lead web architect in collaboration with tech leads for each product team.
- Build performant, maintainable, & cross-browser compatible user interfaces from scratch while building up re-usable component libraries.
- Work on internal web tools that are crucial to our Sales, Customer Support & Operations Teams.
- Collaborate with our world-class design & engineering teams to create the best UX we can offer.
- Remain a strong individual contributor by writing, testing, documenting & deploying code that ensures the integrity of our operations & unique user experience.
- Refine & improve our process with a goal of maximizing impact & business value
- You have extensive experience over several years at different companies, leading & managing teams, including distributed teams
- Experience managing or at least mentoring other engineers.
- Extensive experience with ReactJS, Redux,HTML5, & CSS.
- A sense of humor & love for collaboration.
- Aspirations to use technology & positively transform the physical world.
- A willingness to learn, teach & step outside of your comfort zone.
- You have experience successfully leading teams for at least two companies
- Experience in one or more of Python, Kotlin, Docker, or Kubernetes is a plus.
- Generous & flexible PTO (we believe in our team having a great life outside of work)
- Competitive parental leave policy
- A competitive base salary & a 401(k) with matching after 1 year
- Multiple health care options with premium plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, & Commuter benefits
- Weekly catered lunch, unlimited snacks, beer, cold brew on tap, etc.
- Team happy hours, events, & social clubs
- Free MakeSpace storage so you can take back your space
- Beautiful office in Lower Manhattan with large outdoor spaces for lunch, work, & play
Our company culture is built on collaboration & innovation. Theres tons of room to grow & opportunities to take initiative. While our culture was built by sharp, motivated teammates looking to disrupt a massive industry, we expect you to contribute to our culture to make it even betterand have fun while doing it.
If this sounds like you, then let us knowand join a tech company that makes a concrete impact on the physical world every day!
We are an equal opportunity employer & value a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds at our company. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, or national origin.