BetterCloud is the leading SaaS Management Platform (SMP) that enables IT professionals to discover, manage & secure the growing stack of SaaS applications in the digital workplace. With an expanding ecosystem of SaaS integrations, thousands of forward thinking organizations like Zoom, Walmart, & Square now rely on BetterCloud to automate processes & policies across their cloud application portfolio.
A pioneer of the SaaSOps movement, BetterCloud has built a community of more than 45K IT professionals who are embracing the new role of SaaSOps within IT organizations. The company launched the first-ever annual SaasOps-focused conference, Altitude, & publishes annually the definitive market research report, State of SaaSOps, on the market & category.
We are a high-energy, high-growth product company seeking an enterprising individual to join our growing team as an Engineering Manager. This teams mission is to provide automation features for our SaaSOps product. A demonstrated background in leading software engineering teams is a must to be successful in this role. Were big believers in continuous delivery & use metrics like cycle time, defect removal efficiency, & mean time to resolution as tools to improve & get better. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience with these or other metrics having used them to constantly improve.
Our products live in the cloud on Googles Cloud Platform. Our microservices technology stack includes React on the front end, Java (primarily) & Scala server side, & a mix of relational & NoSQL solutions on the back end, including MySQL, ElasticSearch, & BigTable. We handle eye-popping amounts of data & events using stream processing technologies such as Kafka & Flink.
We dont expect anyone to have experience with all of these technologies. Were simply looking for a seasoned software engineering leader who loves to build, lead, & mentor highly functioning development teams. The ideal candidate has spent is well-versed in software development best practices including Agile methodologies & API standards, has prior management experience over professionals responsible for business critical software delivery & is a strong practitioner in partnering with business teams to deliver business outcomes.
If you have these qualities & are willing to hit the ground running then this job is perfect for you!
- 7+ years experience building/enabling enterprise level software solutions
- 2+ years (most recently) leading/managing development teams
- A solid understanding of Scrum or Scaled Agile & how to apply their respective practices in a pragmatic way
- Ability to work with other stakeholders - product management, product design, & product operations / project management - to break down epics into manageable chunks that can then be executed on by your teams
- Collaborate with other business stakeholders including Customer Success, Sales, Finance & Security
- Mentor & coach software engineers of various levels of experience
- Manage a high performing team of 5-10 individuals, with a focus on developing their talents & passions
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative way across functions
- Proficiency in API development, API Management, leveraging commercial API Gateway middleware to power both internal & customer-facing APIs
- Proficiency in delivering highly performant, scalable, extensible, maintainable, secure software as part of a larger technology solution integrating seamlessly with other parts of the solution
- A bachelors degree in a related or adjacent field
What You'll Do
- Acts as a mentor, leader, & manager for the software engineers on their team.
- Works with their team members to find their strengths & passions, & use them to build a career path
- Ensures optimal performance of the team following performance management guidelines & ensuring the team is meeting or exceeding expectations.
- Builds a tight relationship with other stakeholders. Works with those stakeholders to develop the roadmap for their team & then execute against the roadmap.
- Collaborates with architects & technical leaders across engineering, security, & operations to help define, evangelize, & achieve the overall technical vision of BetterCloud.
- As a continuous delivery advocate, constantly look for ways to make your team more efficient. Embraces KPIs like cycle time, predictability, & defect removal efficiency & treat them as tools we can use to improve.
- Acts as a coach & cheerleader for your team. Attend sprint planning meetings to ensure everyone understands & buys into the goal the team is looking to accomplish & help remove any impediments that may be in their way. You celebrate wins! You look for learning opportunities & future prevention in the misses.
What We Offer
- Career growth opportunities coupled with both leadership & technical training
- Competitive base salary
- Full benefits package
- Stock Options
BetterCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled & vets.
*Remote - Qualified applicants based on most states of the U.S.A. are eligible for this position. Note that there are a number of states from where this position cannot be held.