S/Vice President, FP&A
Funded by world-class investors including Silver Lake Waterman, Moodys, Sequoia Capital, GV, Riverwood Capital, & others with over $290 million in funding, SecurityScorecard is the global leader in cybersecurity ratings & the only service with over 12M+ organizations continuously rated. Founded in 2013 by security & risk experts Dr. Aleksandr Yampolskiy & Sam Kassoumeh, SecurityScorecards patented rating technology is used by over 30,000 organizations for enterprise risk management, third-party risk management, board reporting, due diligence, & cyber insurance underwriting. This is done by measuring your & your vendors' cyber-health by assigning a security rating of "A" through "F" based on outside-in, non-intrusive data. SecurityScorecard continues to make the world a safer place by transforming the way companies understand, improve & communicate cybersecurity risk to their boards, employees, & vendors.
SecurityScorecard is headquartered in NYC with over 500 employees globally. Our culture has helped us be recognized by Inc Magazine as a "Best Workplace," "Best Places to Work in NYC" by Crain's NY, & one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in NY for two years in a row.
What you will do
The S/VP Finance & Operations will partner closely with business leaders to develop financial forecasts & operational goals, then apply financial insights to assist & direct decision making. Responsibilities include FP&A, operating reviews, board updates, oversight of the controllership function, & the creation of processes & dashboards to answer complex questions. Successful candidates will be collaborative, results oriented, & be able to formulate complex analyses into simple & succinct communications. This individual must be able to balance the desire to move fast, with that of providing thorough, actionable, & accurate information.
- Key player/right hand to the CFO & CEO, & business unit leadership in developing the short- & long-term financial goals for the business.
- Lead the development of the annual operating budget, long-term strategic financial plans as well as monthly & quarterly models & forecasts by partnering with business units & functional leaders.
- Robust competency on creating durable in-depth financial model; deliver timely, accurate, & effective analysis & reporting of financial & operational performance metrics.
- Runs consistent, detailed best-in-class cohort analyses on financial metrics including but not limited to retention, sales, & marketing efficiency, CAC, LTV, ARR growth, & translates financial analyses into sound tactical & strategic information.
- Drive the process & preparation of annual budgets, monthly flashes, & quarterly forecasts, recommendations.
- Works with cross-functional business teams to identify fundamental business drivers & risks to those drivers, & translate them into modeling parameters; Tight-knit coordination on driving improvements to the business based on deltas between actual performance & budget
- Demonstrated experience in leading & managing due diligence process on strategic investments & acquisitions
- Support the business by conducting operational analyses that enable data-driven decision-making rooted in financial metrics, support communications & lead the development of presentations to the Board of Directors & related executive committees.
- Actively engage functional leaders to find ways to better partner & provide visibility to manage their respective businesses & functions.
- Identify systems & process gaps & implement technology, software, & new processes to increase transparency, speed, & automation to improve the financial
- planning process.
- Partner with Accounting teams for month-end & quarter-end close reporting
- Provides strategic direction to the growth strategy through thorough analysis, in addition to raising the standards across the entire business operation to make sure that all key parts of the firm can adapt successfully to growth.
- Build & lead a team of high-performing FP&A professionals
- Lead the department responsible for planning, budgeting, forecasting, & actuals vs. budget/forecast reporting & analysis
- Track performance relative to budgets, forecasts, & performance targets.
- 12+ years experience: working in B2B Enterprise saas company in financial roles (Demonstrated outstanding financial leadership skills & expertise with an emphasis on financial analysis, budgeting, management reporting, & projections.)
- Able to synthesize vast amounts of information, develop high-quality analytics & communicate clearly & succinctly to different audiences (business leaders to executives).
- Extremely high business acumen, performing operationally focused financial analysis & data gathering to support strategic & business development initiatives.
- Strong financial background & attention to detail, with full understanding & experience with financial models & analysis.
- Able to manage multiple priorities with accuracy & efficiency while meeting deadlines.
- Maintains the highest accuracy & precision & standard for excellent presentable work, & someone who is highly organized & can manage a diverse team with a diverse range of responsibilities.
- Skilled at creating processes & organization around routine FP&A business functions as well as ad-hoc strategic transactions.
- Bachelors degree in finance, accounting or related field, MBA or CFA, & experience in
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, a comprehensive benefits package, including health & dental insurance, unlimited PTO, parental leave, tuition reimbursements, & much more!
SecurityScorecard embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring & retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, & perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit & do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.