Help lead the fight against financial crime & provide our customers with a great onboarding experience.
Since GoCardless was set up in 2011, we have been focused on taking the pain out of getting paid so that our customers can focus on what they do best. We already process over 7bn each year for thousands of businesses, & we are growing fast.
We work with a huge range of organisations: small gyms & scout groups use us to reduce admin; fast-growing companies like Funding Circle use us to power their growth; established companies like TripAdvisor use us to dramatically reduce failure rates.
Weve been spending the last year expanding our offering outside of UK & Europe & are now operating 7 different payment schemes (and will be adding the US early next year) & serving merchants in over 30 countries, with offices in Melbourne, Paris, Munich & of course, London (our HQ).
Were backed by some of the worlds leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Adams Street Partners, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners, Notion Capital, Passion Capital & Y Combinator.
About the Team
The Compliance Operations team plays a critical role in GoCardless continued expansion. The team:
- Manages the initial & ongoing verification of customers in over 30 geographies, providing the best possible customer experience
- Reviews our customers against PEP & sanctions lists, so were only working with customers that we should be
- Coordinates the delivery of AML/CTF training across the company, so everyone in GoCardless makes compliance conscious decisions
- Identifies & investigates suspicious activity to ensure that GoCardless is not facilitating financial crime
- Making customer onboarding decisions upon reviewing customer documentation
- Resolving escalated alerts that result from our PEPs & Sanctions screening process & customer onboarding process
- Investigating suspicious activity using a wide range of tools, producing suspicious activity reports & submitting to relevant Financial Investigation Units when required
- Understanding end to end compliance operations processes & delivering improvements to increase efficiency
- Researching & implementing new tools that allow us to streamline our customer onboarding experience
- Identifying opportunities to upskill other team members & proactively sharing knowledge
- Reporting on team, process & supplier performance on a regular basis
- You will act as the subject matter expert on compliance matters within the team in order to drive continuous compliance with existing processes & handle complex onboarding cases
- You will continually look to improve customer experience & team efficiency by challenging our thinking & asking why we do what we do
- Supporting the MLRO & Compliance Operations Manager on regulatory issues & our approach to upcoming new regulations
- Delivering training for staff based in the EU
- This is a full-time role based in our Paris office, although some travel to other European offices may be required
- The hours for this role are Monday - Friday, 9 -6 (CET)
- There will an an initial 4-6 weeks of training in our London HQ
What we're looking for
- You have experience in signing-off high-risk customers within defined parameters & escalating when necessary
- You have a minimum of 2-3 years of compliance experience & are motivated by resolving escalations coming from junior members of the team
- You take pride in paying attention to detail & see tasks through to the end
- You are easily dissatisfied with how things are run - you frequently feel the urge to act when someone tells you this is how weve always done it
- You have a tremendous sense of urgency tempered by the ability to keep calm under pressure
- You must be fluent in French & English (written & verbal) - this is essential for this role
- Bonus points for other language skills (German or Spanish)
- Generous holiday allowance
- Private health insurance
- Generous maternity & paternity leave
- Training budget for your personal development
- Transportation allowance & meal coupons
- Plus many more
Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds & we welcome diversity if you're unsure, please apply.