At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Role:
We're looking for an Illustrator to join the Brand Design team within Marketing. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing team that helps support nearly all aspects of Cloudflare initiatives, from brand campaigns to product launches. The ideal candidate possesses love & care for design craft, strong design rationale, communication skills, & has experience translating technical concepts into engaging illustrations & clean diagrams.
In A Typical Week You Will:
- Work closely with product marketing & other teams within Cloudflare to translate technical product concepts into large, high level illustrations
- Create clean & communicative diagrams to highlight the unique selling points & functionality of Cloudflares products
- Prioritize & execute on a range of design assignments - from visually telling the story of a referral program to announcing new product launches & even working on global brand campaigns
- Collaborate with product designers, product marketers, content writers, & marketing team members to bring life to complex concepts that will educate, empower, & delight our users
- Explore a variety of illustration styles & components alongside the brand team to help develop & expand our design system
- Help up-level our blog & public communications with illustrations that build brand equity & emotional attachment
- Build design artifacts alongside the rest of the Brand Design team to further the teams goal of being a beacon for world class creative
What Were Looking For:
- Strong illustration & diagraming skills
- Strong conceptual thinking & ability to translate technical material into visual solutions
- Team player - this role will need to collaborate with many members within Cloudflare, so good communication is a must
- Attention to detail & deadlines
- Ability to act upon critique & design feedback
- Strong knowledge of industry design tools including Adobe Suite & Figma
- 2-4 years of experience illustrating within a technical space
- Passionate about visual design & the values it provides
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.