We build tools for 100+ brands & retailers in the ecommerce space that help them offer free two-day shipping, same-day delivery, & product expansion into new marketplaces -- keeping them several steps ahead of the curve in a rapidly changing industry.
We are a purpose & culture driven organization that prides ourselves on connectivity, equality, diversity & inclusion. We are committed to our people as a service-oriented company as our people are at the heart of everything we do.
We are Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York, Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), & Krakow, Poland & we operate as a subsidiary of FedEx Services.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
ShopRunners SaaS products support online shoppers, retailers, & payment partners to improve shopping & shipping experiences. Every week, we track more than a billion interactions with shoppers across our network of merchants. Our analytics team uses this data to help make decisions about the effectiveness of our products.
As a senior product data analyst, you will leverage your skills in SQL, data engineering, & product planning to help us launch & measure our products. You will analyze consumer interaction data, manage A/B tests end-to-end. And youll build data pipelines, dashboards, & presentations to help our product, engineering, & account teams know what works & what we should build next.
This role reports to an Analytics Manager & works day-to-day as part of a large, cross-functional team. This person can be located in either Chicago or near Conshohocken, PA.
WHAT YOULL DO:
- Partner with product, engineering, & account teams to ensure that we are tracking the right data to fully measure effectiveness.
- Help build data pipelines (using dashboarding & ETL tools) to summarize raw data into useful datasets & dashboards, in order to simplify & scale our analysis.
- Define & document requirements for tracking user touchpoints with ShopRunner products.
- Contribute to ongoing & programmatic QA of data sources.
- Contribute to other analysts growth by sharing your skills & processes.
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years of data analyst experience, with responsibility for initiating, executing, & presenting projects for cross-functional teams.
- BS (or equivalent experience) in a technical field like Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or Marketing Analytics.
- Fluent with complex SQL queries on millions of rows (joins, subqueries, window functions).
- Proficient understanding of how event data is tracked using tools like Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Snowplow Analytics, or Amplitude.
- Experience with data visualization tools, like Looker, Tableau, or Power BI (we use Looker).
- Experience writing user stories & documentation for engineering teams.
- Willingness to programmatically clean messy datasets (deduping, string parsing, JSON & XML parsing)
- Confidence to share the limitations of your analysis when the data isnt perfect.
- Advanced Excel proficiency (you should be comfortable with pivot tables & lookups to summarize results).
- Experience working with e-commerce & web data.
- Experience with reproducible data analysis using Python or R.
- Basic understanding of prediction & personalization algorithms (e.g. purchase & churn propensity models, product recommendations). This role will not build production models, but it will help if you understand how those models generally operate in connection to CRM & testing initiatives.
- Experience setting up processes to monitor datasets for anomalies.
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are & consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.