Meet CarGurusthe #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, were building the worlds most trusted & transparent automotive marketplace where its easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data & its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms & innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation & vehicle history.
The responsibility of the Digital Consultant, Search Engine Marketing is to onboard & teach new customers how to interact with their SEM product offering from CarGurus, establish weekly/monthly checkpoints with their customers to review performance, ensure they are getting the type of service they expected at sign-up, & emerge as a valuable, consultative resource for any/all questions associated with the platform. Additionally, a sales-forward attitude, a high level of professionalism, assertiveness, & persuasion are required to communicate well with our SEM customer base.
What You'll Do:
- General account management of assigned CarGurus SEM customers
- Analyze a dealers performance & consult on changes the dealer might want to consider to improve the traffic being generated by our SEM platform
- Become a subject matter expert on all CarGurus products
- Complete on-boarding of new SEM users to develop a relationship with the dealers digital marketing teams
- Proactively consult with dealerships to solve issues & address challenges
- Escalate issues to cross-functional departments (product management, operations) when necessary
- Educate dealers on how to maximize the value of the CarGurus platform by leveraging tools, reports, & best practices
- Utilize strong analytical skills to solve complex, interdepartmental/inter-operational issues
- Facilitate monthly performance review calls & bi-weekly status update calls
- Establish strong relationships with internal sales partners on the SEM & Dealer Relations teams to ensure a positive customer experience
- Effectively up-sell clients who could spend more than initial budgets to improve results
Who You Are:
- 2+ years experience managing an SEM platform implementation for paying customers
- Automotive industry experience is a plus
- Experience with technology tools, specifically Salesforce, is a plus
- Track record of successful account management & consultative relationship development
- Strong sense of customer service with an ability to focus the customer on performance
- Bachelors degree required
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity & collaboration. True to our start-up roots, were nimble, flexible & hardworking. We have a great respect for testing & learning & a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball & ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, were as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK & Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI & Dublin, Ireland. If youd like to learn more, please visitour careers page.