As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa's Emerging Payment Solutions Group is seeking an experienced payments professional to join the team.The Manager, Business Development & Analysis role will work closely with our analytics & product team & various internal departments to handle client specific data & analytics projects, strategic planning support for the Emerging Payment Solutions team & the Visa Processing organization, & other key responsibilities as necessary in support of the Emerging Payment Solutions & Processing teams.
The position will also be responsible for handling a broad base of small to medium size accounts in emerging payment categories across consumer & commercial sectors.Specific product solutions stem from debit & prepaid platforms along with various payment & disbursement solutions.Clients are mostly comprised of third-party organizations, program managers, & processors.
The Business Development Manager position will be based in Visa's Foster City & report to a Sr. Director of the Emerging Payment Solutions sales organization.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide analytics & analysis support in an effort to deliver greater value for clients based on their unique needs.
- Provide support for EPS sales activities, including but not limited to:
- Help provide strategic vision & thinking around new segments & go-to-market
- Stay relevant with competitive & industry information, trends, forward vision
perspective - build communication plan for the team to keep them informed on a
- Help develop & refine consistent account planning/management framework and
- Salesforce engagement - pull weekly reports, identify ways to increase team engagement,
act as liaison to Playbook team to make tool more useful
- Continuously review payment landscape & recommend, develop, & implement new & creative approaches to growing Visa's prepaid, debit & disbursements business
- Manage & grow a self-service process for direct client engagement amongst various resources & departments within Visa.
- Handle a base of accounts including contract renewals, cross sell & general relationship management.
- Utilize a consultative sales approach that ensures that the client's business objectives are met to improve portfolio performance
- Expand the utility of Visa products & solutions by developing new use cases with clients
- Cultivate productive relationships at all levels with client & the Visa organization
- Develop an understanding of the issuance & payments business including payment strategy across all product platforms
- Assist marketing & product development in launching new products or expanding the penetration of existing products by providing market intelligence back into the organization
- Ensure implementation of annual goals & plans
- Support the overall Processing & Emerging Payment Solutions team by leading key projects & acting as a primary planning & analysis resource for the SVP of the division
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience & a Bachelor's Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Card Issuing/Acquiring experience desired
- Mobile/Digital & other leading payments innovation knowledge
- Prepaid product & market knowledge
- Strong analytical & strategic planning skills
- Confidence & ability to effectively buildanddeliver presentationsto all audiences up to the executive levels
- Ability to coordinate internal & external resources & champion cross functional relationships
- Ability to negotiate business agreements & enhance existing & new relationships
- Demonstrated understanding of financial indicators to measure business performance & an ability to summarize business & financial data in a useful manner for planning & decision-making
Work Authorization: Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
Location: Foster City, CA.Relocation assistance will not be offered for this role.
Work Hours: Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
Travel: Incumbent must be able to travel 0%to 25%
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms.
EEOC: Visa will consider for employment qualified applicant with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.