Squarespace is looking for an experienced software engineer to join our Infrastructure organization at an exciting time in our evolution. You will help us build our next generation of scalable, reliable, & self-service infrastructure. You will collaborate with great teammates from within & outside the Infrastructure organization to improve system reliability. You will report directly to the Engineering Team Manager on the Data Infrastructure team. We are headquartered in New York City, have satellite offices around the country, & embrace fully remote teammates.
We have introduced our Flexible Work Philosophy for Squarespace employees, which you can find on our career page. For those who will work out of our offices 1-5 days a week, we have also introduced a detailed return to office approach to guarantee a safe return for our Squarespace employees. The safety of our people is our top priority & we will continue to monitor the status of COVID19.
You'll Get To
- Develop production-grade infrastructure in GCP
- Evolve our message queuing infrastructure to run in our cloud environments & support our growing scale
- Explore, prove out, & harden migration paths from our data centers to GCP
- Partner with your peers in Infrastructure to eliminate legacy toil & accelerate our higher-value work
- Help our engineers understand their infrastructure by improving observability & guidance
Who We're Looking For
- 3+ years experience in software engineering or managing data systems
- Experience with message queuing & data storage technologies
- Programming experience in Go or a similar language
- Experience managing resources with Terraform in a major cloud provider like GCP
- Experience with container technologies & orchestration frameworks (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm)
- Team Player
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch & snacks
- Private rooftop
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building & ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects & businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, & scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold & hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries & territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California & Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.