Braze is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, & more. Braze is built specifically for todays mobile-first world & tomorrows ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time & continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that arent built for todays on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, & teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, & customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1.5 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees in offices located in New York City, San Francisco, London, & Singapore. Most recently, weve been named a Leader in the Forrester Wave: Mobile Engagement Automation, Q3 2017 evaluation. Weve been recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on's 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, named a Top 10 Upstart by Business Insider, in addition to being #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a technical writer, your work will be collaborative, working across teams to get the right information to create written training resources, some technical, some navigational, & some strategy. You'll be writing documentation about our SaaS marketing tool & training on how to use it effectively.
Your content will not only shape how our Fortune 500 clients learn to use our platform, your work will also inform how they drive their marketing programs forward in general. Effective documentation & training is a massive part of SaaS product support & the business's bottom line revenue. Working with the client education team, you'll be exposed to various creative projects, with an opportunity to eventually own projects & oversee them to completion.
- Researching/crowd-sourcing information on our engagement tool by using available resources & having conversations with subject matter experts
- Writing documentation articles for our User Guide & Developer guide (documentation)
- Outlining/structuring/writing curriculum on various tech partners, marketing strategy, & product walkthroughs
- Helping run admin on various products (Github, Articulate Rise, SkillJar)
- Designing games & creative learning resources for events & conferences
- Ability to create & maintain a series of sustainable certification curricula for customers, partners, & the general public.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have at least 1+ years experience with making training content
- You are solid with time management, over-communication, & delivering on time
- Meticulous attention to detail when creating/QAing content
- Takes & gives feedback constructively, in a supportive way
- The ability to take in large quantities of information & organize/distill accordingly
- Understand instructional design principles
- Taking complex concepts & making them seem simple
- Curriculum Design
- Basic Photoshop skills
- Experience with Github & Articulate
- Knowing anything in the Adobe suite
- Any knowledge of marketing technology & the martech ecosystem of products
- Coming from a SaaS/Support background
WHAT WE OFFER
Complete tech startup vibe including free daily lunches & snacks, group events & top of the line computer setup! A general feeling throughout the office that what you do matters everyday.
Collaboration! Complete support of your teammates across all departments & a real get it done attitude for our customers.
- Excellent medical insurance & life assurance coverage for you & your dependents
- Matching 401K
- Daily catered lunches, snacks & beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial & fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work & life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is non-exempt & is eligible for overtime under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.