As the Procurement Programs Administrator, this position reports to Taniums Senior Manager, Strategic Sourcing & Contract Negotiations. The Procurement Programs Administrator organizes & directs the operations of the Procurement Department by performing administrative duties; monitoring & responding to procurement requests, support tickets; & assisting the Purchasing team with maintaining supplier relationships, procurement related metrics, process improvement projects, & system automation plans. This individual will require strong analytical, organizational & communication skills. This role requires a team player that thrives in a collaborative environment. The candidate should be open to a wide range of both tasks & projects & should be willing to play a variety of roles to achieve a successful deliverable.
What you'll do:
- Engaging with key stakeholders & business users having issues with procurement systems or tools & assist with training & resolution of such issues.
- Management over work tickets which may involve, updating purchase requests, enabling a supplier, & assigning tasks to other team members.
- Maintain & establish relationships with key suppliers & service providers to ensure compliance with negotiated agreements & payment terms.
- Engage business users to understand the root cause of issues & develop long term resolutions which may include additional training & education.
- Develop a long term scalable model for administrative support along with consistent purposeful communication with suppliers & business partners.
- Develop process for escalating issues to senior management & to vendor support technicians following through to resolution.
- Assist in vetting all new systems & modules potentially being added to the Procurement Systems & Tools portfolio.
- Help maintain purchase orders from an administrative perspective & work with accounting to ensure any open related issues are addressed timely.
- Document / Template creation in formalized way for company wide use.
- Create a scalable method for digital document organization leveraging Apttus & a routine method of contract milestone management.
- Create organizational tools for broader Procurement team & process.
- Collaborate with Legal teams to understand document review queue & status.
- Facilitate RFP program under guidance of manager.
- Assist in development of department operations.
Who we're looking for:
- AA/AS preferred or equivalent 1-3 years' experience in procurement or sourcing.
- Any combination of education & experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, & abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
- Ability to be innovative & think outside the box for appropriate solutions to system issues.
- Knowledge of strategic sourcing process, category management methodology & approach.
- Motivated self-starter with ability to self-manage & work well independently, as well as in a team within a dynamic environment.
- Ability to think, adapt, & react in a high-energy, evolving, fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of Office 365, Coupa, Netsuite & Apttus is a plus.
- Experience in collaborating with suppliers & internal business partners.
- Project Management training preferred.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility & control that transforms how the world's largest & most sophisticated organizations manage & secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed & agility. Theres a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers & financial institutions, & four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing & win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing for 2019 & 10th on FORTUNEs list of the 100 Best Medium Workplaces.
At Tanium, we take care of our employees & their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.