Squarespace is looking for a Software Engineer on the User & Identity Platform team within the Foundations Platform Engineering group. Teams in the Foundations group develop building blocks & solutions to help accelerate & standardize product design & development. The User & Identity Platform team is responsible for Squarespace's main login, & the authentication & authorization of all users. The team has historically been a product team, & with the move under Platform Engineering Group is in the process of platformizing our identity stack. In this role, you will be reporting to the Engineering Manager of the User & Identity Platforms.
As a Senior Software Engineer on Identity & User Platform, you will:
- Build out authentication & authorization platforms for Squarespace customers
- Platformize existing authentication components
- Participate in full stack architecture discussions with engineers within & outside of the team
- Work with engineering teams across the company to enhance our identity platforms & ensure the successful adoption of best practices
This role is a good fit for you if you:
- Have experience & interest working on identity platform teams
- Have experience with OAuth integration
- Enjoy working on cross team initiatives
What you can expect from us:
Your team & manager will:
- Provide opportunities that align with your interests, career growth, & the growth of the company
- Create an inclusive environment that's psychologically safe & encourages learning
- Work with you to build a personalized career growth plan with clear expectations & milestones
Benefits & Perks
- A choice between medical plans with an option for 100% covered premiums
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Access to supplemental insurance plans for additional coverage
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefit
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 6 Global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch & snacks
- Private rooftop
- Hack week twice per year!
Cash Compensation Range: $110,500 - $178,250 USD
The base salary for this position will vary based on job-related criteria including relevant skills, experience, & location, among other factors.
In addition to the cash compensation above (which includes base salary and, where applicable for eligible roles, may include on-target commissions or overtime pay), all Squarespace employees are eligible to receive equity in the company as part of their total compensation.
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building & ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects & businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, & scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold & hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries & territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in bustling New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Aveiro, Portugal (coming soon!) & coworking spaces in the UK, Netherlands, & Australia. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Thank you in advance for providing the following details about your work history from your resume! This helps us ensure that your candidate information is accurate & consistent during the hiring process.