BuzzFeed is looking for a skilled and resourceful First Assistant Directors to design & promote strict adherence to shoot schedules for an upcoming branded production being shot on location in Los Angeles & in NYC. We are looking for one 1st AD in Los Angeles & one in NYC.
These are project-based, freelance positions with a project rate of $400/day.
- Create shoot schedule from approved shot list & treatment
- Work with Production & the director to finalize shooting schedule & efficiencies
- Manage on-set production activity, & oversees cast & crew
- Manage the run & timing of the shoot, keeping production & all departments
- Work with Covid Compliance Officer in overseeing Buzzfeed's Covid On-set Safety requirements & guidelines
- 3+ years 1st Assistant Director experience in video or film. Work on branded, commercial, or music videos a plus
- 3+ years of experience with on-set production processes & operations
- Leadership experience with as an approachable team player
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Flexible approach & collaborative
- Covid safety training is a plus, but not required
- Previous branded digital video experience is ideal
- Include a link to your portfolio or provide samples of your work or your reel in your application
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect a supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions.
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company, delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. At BuzzFeed, youll work with inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, & content that helps connect people all over the world.