Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed & disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the worlds first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories & home decor from over 700 designer partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times.
About the Team:
Data is core to our growing business & has been ingrained in the company's DNA since its founding. The Consumer Analytics team is part of the Data Science engine that powers our data-driven culture. We extract meaning from RTRs many, rich customer interactions & partner with decision makers in Growth, Product, Marketing, & Finance to turn insights into actions. Our team of well-rounded data scientists manages data models, defines & analyzes performance metrics, builds reporting, runs A/B experiments, & develops statistical models.
About the Job:
As a Data Scientist on the Consumer Analytics team, you will collaborate with cross-functional partners on a wide range of complex problems. Youll use data to help grow & evolve the rental products that exist today & your insights will help shape the company roadmap. Youll be responsible for driving insights that support decision-making in the consumer space. This role will support both acquisition & retention efforts across all channels & platforms including online & offline, paid & organic, on-site & in-app.
- Apply expertise in quantitative analysis to see beyond the numbers & extract actionable insights on how our customers use our different services & derive value
- Build statistical models that describe & predict user behavior
- Frame up & administer A/B tests & experiments aimed at improving KPI performance (conversions, churn, etc.)
- Design & evaluate experiments that impact user behavior. Diagnose & communicate root causes of changes in user behavior metrics
- Develop a keen understanding of how our acquisition strategies impact loyalty & how we should allocate our resources or evolve the product as a result
- Build dashboards to showcase & disseminate key insights throughout organization
- Create reusable datasets with appropriate architecture using our complex data pipeline
- Partner with the business & engineering to ensure that we are collecting appropriate data & are utilizing the appropriate frameworks to analyze our performance
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Technology, Business or related fields; advanced degrees and/or specializations a plus
- 3-5+ years experience with emphasis on statistical analysis (designing & conducting experiments, performing quantitative analyses, testing scientific hypotheses, etc.)
- Experience coding in statistical or scripting computer languages such as Python or R
- High proficiency using relational databases & writing queries in SQL
- Experience with consumer, subscription, and/or eCommerce data is highly preferred
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Tableau or Looker
- Track record of building strong relationships with cross-functional partners
- Ability to communicate effectively with wide-range of audiences
- Ability to quickly learn new tools & data analysis methods
- Passion for data & its fundamental ability to create value
- Extremely curious & excited to dive into complex problems
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun! .
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.