BlaBlaCar's vision is to bring fairness, freedom & fraternity to the world of travel.
BlaBlaCar was created in 2006 with one dream in mind: fill the millions of empty seats on the road to create an efficient, affordable & friendly way to travel. Today, our global, trusted community counts 75 million members in 22 countries, enabling a smarter, large scale & truly sustainable transport network.
Born from a simple idea of people sharing their rides, BlaBlaCar's ambition is to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility. We offer long distance carpooling service, a commuting carpooling service, & since 2018 a marketplace bus service too. A filled bus emits one third of the emissions per passenger kilometer as an average car. So we want to fill those seats too!
In 2018, 84 million travellers used BlaBlaCar globally saving 1.6 million tons of CO2. Meanwhile we enabled human connections, bringing people closer together in more ways than one with 87% of members say that carpooling is an enriching experience.
BlaBlaCar offers a truly & unique international environment with a team counting 35 nationalities, serving a global member-base from 8 offices in Berlin, Kiev, Madrid, Milan, Moscow, Paris (HQ), So Paulo, Warsaw. English is the official spoken language across BlaBlaCar. We are privately-held & founder-led. Our team of 500 employees is entrepreneurial, passionate, & fundamentally mission-driven.
We're looking for a seasoned manager to lead the teams responsible for the Foundations of Blablacar's production platform. The 20-engineer team is currently organized in four squads: Core Infrastructure, Site Reliability, Database Reliability & Engineering Productivity.
You'll report to the VP Engineering.
What you will directly contribute to:
- As Head of Infrastructure & Operations, you will be accountable for the delivery of your teams, ensuring they work in the most impactful & efficient way towards the company objectives. As we're currently migrating our platform to a cloud provider, you will help the Engineering team evolve from datacenter rack space to the Google Cloud Platform.
- As a key point of contact for the other Engineering teams, you'll be responsible for building relationships & processes & ensure all teams work smoothly together in an agile way.
- As a cost-center manager for the Infrastructure, Licensing, Observability & Productivity tools, you'll be responsible for a significant part of the Engineering budget. This role involves building the budget in collaboration with the Finance team, dealing with contractor negotiation, & being accountable for the spending according to budget.
- You will also work closely with the Legal team to handle partners & providers contracts, & to ensure infrastructure compliance to regulations in an international context.
Key qualities include:
- Ability to deep-dive on & challenge technical solutions to find the right compromise between product, business & engineering objectives, short-term & long-term, ensuring quality & reliability of the components your teams are responsible for,
- Leading a team of engineering managers with various seniority levels, helping them grow in all directions,
- Creating & nurturing a culture of collaboration, performance, & accountability across all your teams,
- Ability to articulate & communicate technical challenges to senior stakeholders, contribute to the roadmap, both for your teams & for the whole engineering department.
What you will need to be successful:
- 8-10 years experience in engineering teams within hyper-growth tech companies;
- Past experience having Operation teams & Software Development teams collaborate in a smooth way;
- Experience leading & growing engineering managers;
- Strong track record in technical contribution, ability to challenge technical solutions, especially in Infrastructure & software factory subjects;
- Hands-on, detail-oriented, pragmatic & collaborative attitude;
- Comfortable with change, uncertainty & a high velocity environment;
- Fluent in English, French is a plus.
A few practical details about the role
Start: As soon as you are ready!
Location: Paris HQ
Contract: Permanent contract (CDI)
Compensation: Competitive package based on experience
What we offer all of our employees
The opportunity to have a meaningful impact, building a CO2-saving global travel network enabling strong human connections too;
A strong Fun & Serious company culture;
An international environment with a team counting 35 nationalities, serving a global member-base from 8 offices around the world (Berlin, Kiev, Madrid, Milan, Moscow, Paris (HQ), So Paulo, Warsaw);
State-of-the-art office spaces, in a great location;
A start-up spirit grounded in agility & teamwork;
Challenging career opportunities in a high-growth & fast-paced environment;
Bi-Weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn from each other;
Weekly Tech Demos, so that we're all up to date with where our product stands;
And some other great perks!
Free carpooling to live our value Be The Member;
Annual BlaBlaBreak which takes us all for an unforgettable weekend;
Possibility to work from another BlaBlaOffice abroad for a week once a year (BlaBlaSwap);
Opportunity to attend Tech conferences in France & Europe.
Open to full remote from France.
What is next?
If you are ready to join our exciting journey, please apply below: upload your resume in English (PDF format) & answer our questions in English.
Kindly note that only complete applications will be reviewed by our hiring team & that all your information will be kept confidential.
You can expect us to review your application within the following 2weeks. If your application & profile fit our requirements,we will invite you for a phone interview, followed by in-house interview sessions.
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.