At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Department
Customer Success Managers, Account Executives, Business Development Representatives, Solution Engineers, & Sales Operations - all working together help our customers adopt Cloudflare & create great Internet-enabled experiences.
The sales team at Cloudflare helps customers solve real, technical problems while creating the revenue streams that help the company provide free service to millions in our community.
About your role
You will be responsible for ensuring the success of Cloudflares Enterprise customers & managing their post-sale experience. You will act as the primary point of contact for Cloudflare customers & will be "the face of the business." You will own your book of business & will be responsible for delivering results on KPIs including revenue retention.
You will meet with customers regularly to communicate Cloudflare's value; these conversations may happen in-person or via phone / video conference. Cloudflare delivers cutting-edge products & services, iterates quickly, & changes direction frequently. You will maintain a deep understanding of Cloudflare's solutions so that you can lead value-added customer conversations, understand customer's needs, & communicate these needs back to internal teams.
You will act as an internal escalation point for customer requests including: technical questions, contract questions, & other account-related questions.
You will advocate for customers internally & balance the needs of the customer with the business needs of Cloudflare.
To succeed you will need to:
- Build strong relationships with customers (primarily via remote conversations)
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders
- Manage a complex book of business with many tasks & competing priorities
- Manage your time effectively to ensure that you are working on high priority items
- Have poise & executive presence, & be comfortable presenting to C-level executives
- Demonstrate a high degree of empathy for customer requests
- Escalate effectively with internal teams
- This role is based in Cloudflare's EMEA Headquarters in London
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge & experience
- Fluent in English (written & spoken)
- Fluent in German (written & spoken)
- 10+ years of work experience
- 5+ years of direct functional experience:
- In Customer Success, Account Management, or other post-sales customer-facing role
- With territory ownership, portfolio management, & account planning
- Serving with Enterprise customers
- Working in a B2B Enterprise SaaS businesses
- Experience in networking, security, & / or edge computation & storage is a plus
- Must be extremely well organized & able to prioritize, multi-task, problem solve, & perform under pressure
- Must have strong phone, web, & interpersonal communication skills
- Must have experience with face-to-face meetings & problem solving with customers
- Must have experience with customer negotiations & handling difficult customer conversations
- Must demonstrate empathy for internal & external stakeholders & have a high EQ
- Must be curious & a self-starter
- Must have a demonstrated ability to learn on the job & come up to speed quickly
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; Master's degree is a plus
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.