Vox Media employees thrive on innovation & change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, & improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology & the world around them. Vox Medias networks & businesses include SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode & Code Conferences, Polygon, Concert, Chorus, Vox Creative, Vox Entertainment, & the Vox Media Podcast Network.
Our internship program is multifaceted & youll gain experience working in a high-growth company thats leading the media industry. Youll work on projects within your specific team & attend programming for all Vox Media Summer Interns across various departments to learn more about the company & meet leaders in various disciplines & across all levels of seniority. This is a full-time, paid internship working out of Vox Medias New York City office.
The Revenue organization interacts directly with agencies & clients looking to engage with audiences through advertising. Were looking for several summer interns who are innately curious, can learn quickly, are strong communicators, have a positive attitude, enjoy working on a team & have an interest in media & advertising.
Please see below for descriptions. We know that students may not be familiar with our industry or department names that are specific to each & every company. Note that this is a general job description & if any of our roles align with your interests, feel free to apply & lets have a conversation!
Revenue Operations Intern
The Revenue Operations team is focused on the health of the Revenue business through forecasting, vendor partnerships, strategic solutions for clients & collaborating across internal teams on new offerings & updates. You will surface, report & analyze data, help organize existing internal resources, as well as assist in the implementation of various initiatives. Sample projects:
- Support the production of a weekly internal Newsletter & other reports
- Perform an audit of internal documents & organize resource center
- Assist with the implementation of new vendors & maintenance of current partners Manage sales priority deal feedback process
- Complete all spec documentation for RFPs
Creative Strategy Intern
The Creative Strategy team partners with clients & internal teams on client solutions for marketing & advertising initiatives. You will brainstorm original content (videos, posts, etc.) & other Vox Media solutions based on client goals, leverage data & insights (audience intel, previous work, etc.), & design/build resources & materials. Sample projects:
- Use an internal audience insights tool to build research reports
- Shadow Creative Strategists to co-develop & design client-facing pitch materials
- Culminating project: Own the build of a proactive pitch deck that can be included in personal portfolio
Concert is newer revenue team at Vox Media that partners with other notable media publishers (NBCU, Hearst, etc.) for brands to create top-notch ad creative in safe digital marketplaces. You will become a student of the industry through competitive analysis, account management of current partners, research to consider new partners & being embedded in team workflow. Sample projects:
- Gather competitor data & insights to evolve positioning
- Identify, research & put together a strategic plan for partners/platforms to become Concert partners
- Assist in marketing, sales & client materials on trends & audience reach
- Organize internal & external facing materials for operational efficiency, includes reports, partner folders/presentations, etc.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.