Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, & build their careers. More than 60 million professional & aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, & find job opportunities. We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, & enable the world's developers. The products & services are focused on technical recruiting, developer marketing, and enterprise knowledge sharing.
Due to our continued growth, were looking to hire an experienced Media Planner to join our Advertising Sales team. This position would be based out of our New York HQ & would report to our Managing Director of Ad Sales. As an integral member of the 10+ person ad sales team, youll have a direct impact on the growth of Ad Revenue through the supporting of sales of ad inventory on our highest trafficked sites; Stack Overflow, Super User, & Server Fault, as well as 62 other tech-related Q&A sites. This is also a great role for an individual who would like to eventually move fully into a sales role at Stack Overflow Advertising.
What youll do:
- Collaborate with the Account Executives on the Ad Sales team to assist them in building media plans on behalf of their customers
- Research clients needs & build strong proposals incorporating input from Account Executives & client directives
- Master the knowledge around how to use OperativeOne, our order management system that is integrated with our Ad Server
- Develop a comfort level & proficiency working in Salesforce especially as it integrates with OperativeOne workflow
- Work with the Managing Director to incorporate guidance & feedback on how to prioritize objectives across multiple salespeople & multiple accounts with a variety of deadlines.
- Work closely with Customer Success Manager & Account Executives on media plan building & optimization to drive effective account & campaign management, optimization & renewals
What you should have:
- 1+ years minimum of media planning or sales experience, preferably in digital media
- An understanding of digital media planning & ad serving best practices
- A strong comfort level working with a media planning tool on behalf of multiple Account Executives
- Friendly, ethical & honest
- Understanding of the media sales landscape
- Media background preferred, previous experience in tech preferred
- Strong work ethic & attention to detail
- Work closely with & learn from the existing sales team
- Ability to research a clients needs & build strong proposals
- Self-sufficient, but not afraid to ask questions when necessary
What youll get in return: