Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, & brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquares platform includes Attribution, Audience, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK & Visits. As the industrys first & only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions those that exist today & those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map & models fresh & up-to-date, building a phones-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the team:
Foursquares Business Operations (Biz Ops) team is focused on optimizing the operational footprint of the company, constantly looking for ways to unlock opportunities to drive growth & operational efficiencies. We lead & execute on strategic initiatives, deliver analytical insights, & drive change efforts by partnering with senior leaders across Go-To-Market (GTM), Product, & Operations teams to shape the growth trajectory of Foursquares business.
Foursquare has accelerated recent growth through product innovations, strategic partnerships, & M&A, & our ability to scale intelligently is critical to take full advantage of the opportunities ahead of the company. This is an opportunity to play a key role in Foursquares ability to achieve that goal.
About the role:
As a Biz Ops Manager, youll formulate, lead, measure, & communicate on strategic projects that tackle mission-critical challenges that will support Foursquares growth. To do that well, youll be analytical in nature, data-driven, constantly curious, humble, & persistent to see an effort through from conception to completion. You thrive at the intersection of business, data, & technology & enjoy working with diverse teams with whom youll build meaningful personal & professional relationships.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Effectively lead strategic projects & perform analyses to drive major decisions for the company, partnering with cross-functional leaders to support the delivery of their highest priority outcomes
- Leverage Foursquares Enterprise data to conduct in-depth analyses across areas of the business (i.e. customer segmentation, pricing, sales processes, etc ) to develop a deep understanding of key value drivers, identifying improvement areas & opportunities
- Act as connective tissue across the company, navigating teams & individuals to work towards common goals
- Design scalable systems & processes to support Foursquares rapid growth
- Scope ambiguous problems into concrete projects
- Effectively communicate findings & project status, providing clear messaging, crisp so-whats, & actionable recommendations
- Practice consistently excellent listening skills, thoroughly documenting key ideas & take-aways that effectively summarize project efforts for future reference
- Be a super organizer of thoughts, materials, & project artifacts (presentations, emails, etc.)
- Be highly collaborative & partner-oriented, building trust across the entire organization with every interaction
- 5+ years of experience at a top-tier management consulting firm and/or experience in Business Operations, Product, Operations Strategy, GTM, or a cross-functional operational role at a leading technology company
- A bachelors degree; top-tier MBA a plus
- Experience with Enterprise software or SaaS GTM strategy
- Natural problem-solving talents with strong analytical abilities, equally adept at quantitative & qualitative analysis & proficient with Excel/Sheets & Powerpoint/Slides
- The ability to work independently with a strong sense of ownership & a hands-on approach, navigating ambiguity & delivering on multiple projects in parallel in a fast paced environment
- Exceptional communication & interpersonal skills with the ability to develop strong working relationships
- A humble personality with an objective curiosity & you dont get caught up in company politics
- The ability to synthesize complex information from a variety of sources, tell a story & translate findings into actionable recommendations
- Exceptional prioritization & project management skills
- Executive presence & experience working closely with senior executives to solve challenging business problems
- An inclination of being detail oriented, but can also understand the big picture, effectively identifying & articulating implications up & downstream
Perks & benefits:
- Learning & development programs from ICs to managers
- Individual, professional coaching for all full-time employees
- Flexible time off - rest & recharge when you need it!
- Comprehensive & competitive health, vision, dental, life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Home office setup: you get all necessary hardware & internet reimbursement
- Family planning programs via Carrot & Maven
- Employee Resource Groups to help you stay connected
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.