Vimeo is looking for a Sr. Director of Product Marketing to join Vimeos Product team. This Sr. Director will oversee our Product Marketing team of 2, a team responsible for bringing more users to Vimeo & ensuring they understand the value of our SaaS products. The ideal candidate will have a multi-disciplinary backgroundincluding business strategy, marketing & analytical skills & a deep passion for Vimeos mission: enabling storytellers to tell exceptional stories & connect with their audiences & communities.
As a passionate & results-driven product marketer, you will drive the positioning, messaging, & go-to-market strategy for products that empower millions of users (individuals, creative professionals, & small businesses) to bring their ideas to life online. Along with your team & cross-functional collaborators, you will craft the messaging strategy for new product launches, & execute high-impact multichannel campaigns that drive user acquisition, engagement, product adoption, & retention. This position requires an analytical approach & a deep understanding of the market, with the ability to deftly connect our product capabilities to customer needs.
What youll do:
- Plan & execute coordinated go-to-market plans for launches of new products & capabilities, partnering closely with our product management organization & marketing channel owers
- Develop key messaging & growth plans to drive adoption of our existing products
- Lead market & competitive assessment, surfacing qualitative & quantitative insights to shape product direction & ensure product-market fit
- Lead consumer research with target segments to understand unmet needs/gaps
- Provide quantitative evaluation of the ideas generated in product explorations either through consumer research or from internal team analysis, discussions, & brainstorming. Ideas will have a hypothesized metric impact backed by as much relevant data as possible
- Internationalization: Provide strategy for per-country portfolio optimization, opportunity sizing, competitive landscape research, informing roadmap development
- Participate in determining in-app & web-based messaging requirements & conversion strategy requiring development effort (e.g. in-app welcome screens, interstitials, upsells, landing pages, etc.)
- Develop GTM creative briefs & kick off creative development, requesting review & delivery timeline from creative team in accordance with expected launch timeframes
- Hold kick-off meetings with channel marketing partners to educate them on product features & planned launch timeframe, & initiate development of support plan proposals by channel
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- 6+ years of business strategy, product marketing or product management experience
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Experience setting strategic direction & executing operational & go-to-market plans that require input & execution from multiple teams
- Demonstrated success working cross-functionally with product management, sales, marketing, PR & creative teams
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills. Ability to sharpen messaging on blog posts, tech talks, & other outreach
- Data-driven & able to turn insights into actionable growth initiatives across new product launches & existing product adoption
- Accustomed to driving results over process in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories & connect with their audiences & communities. Home to more than 90 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the worlds largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share & sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, & to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent & cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration & creativity. Were committed to building a company & a community where people thrive by being themselves & are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe & India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.