Were one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because were building a better way to get home, & our customers love it. By combining the technology people expect with a seamless customer service experience, were making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
In 2018 alone, we helped over 10,000 families get home, saving them on average $3,500 in upfront fees & days of stress-filled time.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech & finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank & others have invested over $85MM in Better & our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for an experienced Product Manager to lead our growth efforts, with a core mandate of driving high-ROI scale. Straddling the line between high-level strategy & hands-on execution, the ideal candidate should love geeking out about conversion funnels & acquisition ROI, while also identifying the big steps that will allow us to scale 100x over the coming years.
Youll work collaboratively with a team of senior engineers, designers, data scientists, marketers, & business strategists to map out & optimize every aspect of user growth.
Responsibilities will include:
- Establishing overall growth strategy & roadmap.
- Building a full-fledged growth team (from near-zero) in collaboration with key functional leaders.
- Conducting deep user-research & channel-research (e.g. bankrate.com) to identify top value propositions, key channels & primary conversion opportunities.
- Running funnel analysis, micro-optimization & innovation (e.g. instant mortgage).
- Driving a culture of constant experimentation & data-based learning on your team & throughout the company.
- Collaborating closely with the marketing team regarding optimal deployment of ad spend, landing pages, ROI optimization, lifecycle marketing, & scale.
- Reporting into Executive team & company-at-large on Growth efforts.
- Youve worked for 5+ years as a product manager.
- Youve spent 3+ years in a growth-focused role at a consumer facing technology startup & can point to specific, prolonged successes with driving clear growth outcomes.
- Deep data fluency (you can write SQL queries)
- Technical background a major plus
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news & trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you dont get excited about homeownership, mortgages, & real estate, it simply wont work.
- Smarts: book & street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy & Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you dont understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking & talking to figure this stuff out, but you cant wait to leave the conversation & build it.