Cheddar is the leading post-cable news, media, & entertainment company & currently broadcasts two live video news networks: Cheddar, a business news network covering the most innovative executives, founders, products, & technologies transforming our lives & economy; & Cheddar Big News, a fast-paced, young, non-partisan general news & headline news network.
The company broadcasts from the trading floor of the New York Stock Exchange, its street level studio in the glass corner of the Sprint Store in the Flatiron Building, WeWork in Los Angeles, & the White House.
Cheddar was founded by Jon Steinberg, President & Chief Operating Officer of BuzzFeed from 2010 to 2014. Its investors include Lightspeed Venture Partners, Raine Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Liberty Global, Comcast Ventures, AT&T, Amazon, Antenna Group, Ribbit Capital, The New York Stock Exchange, Altice USA, 7 Global Capital, & Denstu Ventures.
About this role:
Cheddar is looking for a Paid Media & Brand Research Specialist to join the team! The ideal candidate can work on a team tasked with building & operating a data-driven approach to providing industry-leading value to brand partners.
The ideal candidate is fluent in social & advertising platforms & has experience in media buying & campaign management experience, preferably in the digital media space.
- Manage & execute all aspects of Cheddars paid media buys, including strategic planning, trafficking, optimization, reporting & analysis, across multiple social networks & ad buying platforms.
- Work with brand partnerships team to maximize the value provided to advertisers by: making sure campaigns hit the target demographics, that campaigns are optimized to drive maximum awareness from the audience, & providing reporting that proves the value of working with Cheddar.
- Attend regular meetings & phone calls with brand partners, provide them insights, research, analysis & answer any questions they may have about the delivery of their branded content.
- Work on brand research projects like brand-lift studies to prove out the value of Cheddars advertising products.
- Help grow Cheddars social audience by managing social growth campaigns to drive a dedicated & engaged audience across cheddars platforms.
- Continuously test & evaluate new strategies, tactics, & partnerships to evolve & improve our product offering.
- Manage relationships with media vendors when applicable to maximize the performance of existing buys & stay current with new products/features.
- Traffic ads & manage campaigns in Google Ads Manager across our owned video & display inventory.
- 1-3 years experience in media buying & campaign management. Preferably in the digital media space.
- Fluency in social & advertising platforms including: Facebook & Facebook Ads Manager, Twitter, YouTube, Adwords, Native Ads Platforms.
- Reporting & visualization experience, creating reports & telling stories to brands that prove Cheddar advertisings value to our brand partners.
- Experience tracking campaigns across platforms using pixels, click trackers, & other 1st & 3rd party methods.
- Ability to evaluate & learn new platforms & tools quickly.
- Proven record of providing insights, reporting, & analysis to optimize campaigns, & prove value of advertising campaigns to brand partners.
- Bachelors degree in marketing or related field. OR additional 3 years related work experience.
- Conversion marketing experience.
- Newsletter marketing & management.
- DFP & advertising operations experience.
- Marketing analytics & audience growth experience for digital media brands. Experience with tagging, pixelling, & attribution modeling a plus.
- Experience using first & third party research to create compelling stories to share with current & prospective brand partners.
Our Benefits & Culture:
The Cheddar team moves at lightning speed & our employees have the opportunity to make an extraordinary impact. We are growing fast & achieving milestones every day. Our team is direct, relentless, ethical, proactive, & different. All of our full time employees receive a competitive compensation & benefits package, which includes stock options, health, dental, & vision insurance, disability & life insurance, 401K, discounted gym membership, commuter benefits, generous paid leave, drinks & snacks, team events, happy hours, & more.
Cheddar is an equal opportunity employer, & we actively cultivate an inclusive workplace that celebrates diversity. We welcome all candidates & are committed to hiring people with a wide variety of experiences & backgrounds. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, familial or marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.