See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Data Engineer
Who we are & why were hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications & data solutions that help companies & developers worldwide build better applications & customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia & Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism & all forms of oppression & bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, & we're looking for more builders, creators, & visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking a Data Engineer to be a key member of the Corporate Data Analytics & Infrastructure organization. You will be joining an existing team of engineers based in Dublin, Ireland. You will design & build data platforms & services, while managing our data infrastructure in cloud environments that fuels strategic business decisions across Twilio. You will partner with other engineers & product managers to translate data needs into critical information that can be used to implement scalable data platforms & self service tools.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about solving problems using engineering & data, thrives in an evolving environment, brings an enthusiastic & collaborative attitude, & delights in making a difference. As a successful candidate, you will have some background in data engineering & a record of solving data problems at scale leveraging distributed data systems. You are a self-starter, embody a growth mindset, & can collaborate effectively across the entire Twilio organization.
In this role, youll:
- Collaborate with other engineers on building & implementing new data systems
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (analysts, scientists, engineers) on building data solutions based on requirements
- Design, develop & maintain scalable data pipelines to support continuing increases in data volume & complexity
- Write unit/integration tests, contribute to engineering wiki, & document work
- Perform data analysis required to solve data related issues & assist in the resolution of data issues
- Offer support by responding to system problems in a timely manner
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, & we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having desired qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 3+ years of data engineering experience in a fast paced company that delivers software
- Knowledge of all phases of software development including requirements analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging, implementation, & support
- Hands on experience with at least one programming language (Python, Scala, Java, other), SQL, & the desire to learn new ones if required
- Understanding of distributed systems used in the world of data (Kafka, Spark, Hive, Presto, Hadoop etc.)
- Understanding of engineering best practices & design principles
- Experience working in agile environment & iterative development
- Collaborative mindset & ability to work with distributed, cross-functional teams
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science required, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of the modern data stack & cloud services
- Excellent communication & presentation skills, strong analytical & problem-solving skills
Welcome to work remotely within Spain or in our Madrid office, or a mix of both, to suit your preference.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental & wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, & much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, & are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering & donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, & be the best version of yourself, apply now!
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state & local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.