Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local there are over 1M independent retailers in the U.S. & Canada doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart & Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, & machine learning to connect a thriving community of over 100,000 brands & local retailers around the world. Picture your favorite boutique in town we help them discover the best products to sell in their stores. With the right tools & insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses can compete with these big box & ecommerce giants. Were looking for smart, resourceful & passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement.
About this role:
Faire is a company invested in good designas a Product Designer, youll join a tight-knit, collaborative team of designers who care deeply about creating beautiful & intuitive experiences. Our team is at the center of product work at Faire, designing experiences for the thousands of small retailers & makers growing their business with our marketplace.
Working with team members across content strategy, design research, engineering, product, & customer service, youll strive to understand our customers challenges & craft flows that help people move through our products with confidence.
Were looking for team members that excel across the entire product development lifecycle, come with a growth mindset, & bring a genuine desire to learn about our customers.
As a Product Designer you will:
- Act as an advocate for exceptional experiences when partnering with product & engineering on roadmap & feature execution.
- Participate in and/or lead user interviews & research to better understand customer needs to inform design strategy.
- Construct user flows, wireframes, & prototypes that effectively communicate design concepts for validation.
- Develop & deliver well-documented, high-fidelity visuals that accurately represent Faires brand & design system standards.
- Present & communicate concepts, designs, & prototypes to stakeholders with clarity.
- Contribute to & positively shape the design teams culture through collaboration, feedback, & process iteration.
- 4+ years of experience designing digital products, from systems to visuals. Your work demonstrates insights gained from testing & shipping.
- Great communication skills. You present design decisions & processes clearly & confidently, regardless of audience.
- A collaborative approach. Youre a great partner to other designers & your cross-functional teammates.
- A growth-mindset. Youre open & receptive to feedback, & can adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- A sense of humor. We spend a lot of time togethersharing gifs & laughing over lunch keeps us energized & inspired throughout the day.
Why youll love working at Faire:
- We are entrepreneurs: We believe entrepreneurship is a calling & our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business & taking part in the founding process.
- We are using tech & machine learning to level the playing field: We are using the power of technology & data to connect brands & boutiques from all over the world, building a thriving community of over 100,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious & resourceful: We always find a way to get the job done & come up with creative solutions to whatever problems are standing in our way. People at Faire are insatiably curious. We lead with curiosity & data in our decision making & reason from a first principles mindset.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product & engineering leads from Square. Were backed by some of the top investors in retail & tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, & DST Global. We have offices in San Francisco, Kitchener-Waterloo, & Salt Lake City. Were looking for smart, resourceful & passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. To learn more about Faire & our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs.
We value candidates that bring a range of experience from different industries & a variety of creative influences. If youre a maker or retailer yourself & can bring first-hand experience & empathy for the small business & entrepreneurial journey - tell us your story!
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.