CoinDesk is an integrated media platform for the next generation of investing, exploring how cryptocurrencies & digital assets are contributing to the evolution of the global financial system & the future of money. Our vision is to be the most influential, trusted media platform for a growing global community engaged in the transformation of the financial system & the emerging crypto economy.
CoinDesk is a quickly growing company with incredible ambition. Our global presence has grown exponentially through top quality journalism, events & data, creating a community for millions of users. Wed love for you to join us if youre willing to take on new challenges & immerse yourself in a world of creative, forward-thinking individuals.
CoinDesk is looking for a self-starting, versatile social media intern with strong reporting & multimedia chops to engage new audiences on vertical video social platforms Snap & TikTok.
The intern will be ambitious, smart & ready to immerse themselves into the operations of a media website at the center of a fundamental transformation in the global economy, fueled by the rise of bitcoin, cryptocurrency, blockchain & digital assets.
Interns will be exposed to many parts of the CoinDesk machine, starting with a two-week boot camp in our News division. For two weeks, interns will be trained to write clean, concise copy on tight deadlines while also learning the ins & outs of workflow & our CMS.
After boot camp, interns will take their place alongside the writers & editors of specific sections, with the social media intern working closely with the multimedia & audience development teams, as well as other editorial pockets including the educational & magazine departments.
The social media intern isnt afraid to try new things, can take an idea & follow through with it to the end, & has a clear sense of what works well on vertical video platforms. They should be versatile enough to help write & edit for other social media platforms as needed while constantly imagining new ways of storytelling & engagement to make the world of crypto more accessible to new audiences.
The social media intern will help us build our presence on vertical video social platforms from the ground up, performing market research, pitching original content series, collaborating with reporters & editors to leverage their subject matter expertise, reporting on analytics, shooting & producing social-native videos that are educational, informative & entertaining.
This internship runs from June 7 to August 27.
- Write articles under the direction of the editorial staff, including news stories & explainers
- Pitch & report original content
- Write, shoot & produce content
- Assist the multimedia team in producing top-quality podcasts & videos
- Help manage CoinDesk social media feeds
- Keep internal editorial documents updated, fresh, & relevant
- Assist with other editorial projects as needed
What Youll Learn:
- How to pitch & write news & features in cryptocurrency, finance & adjacent areas
- Reporting techniques, including interviewing, sourcing, attending events & research
- Newsroom workflow, including CMS training, image sourcing, collaborating with editors on stories
- Communication across other teams such as multimedia & research
- Writing & editing talent through proven work in and/or outside the classroom
- Strong interest in digital assets & cryptocurrency
- Familiarity with online Content Management Systems
- Social media fluency
- Excited by challenges & easily adapt to changing circumstances
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Outstanding work ethic