As Director/Principal of State & Local Policy Campaigns, you will work with the Head of Policy & Government Affairs to develop & execute an impactful & comprehensive legislative & campaign strategy at the state & local levels
Responsibilities & Duties
- Identify legislative, budget, & ballot opportunities in states & localities to support the deployment of on-demand, public transit (aka microtransit).
- Effectively represent Via & Vias vision for the improvement of communities to elected officials & their staff; to local/state public transit, environmental, & equity advocates; to community groups; & to local academic & other thought leaders.
- Manage consultant & lobbyist engagements
- Work effectively within formal & informal industry coalitions, & otherwise develop industry contacts, to advance areas of common interest
- Draft official written material: op-eds, blog posts, policy proposals, formal correspondence, etc.
- Represent the company at local policy events & other forums
- Work closely with Vias Strategy & Partnerships teams to support & advance their work
- 10-15 years' relevant experience for Director, 5-10 years for Principal
- A strategic thinker & day-to-day executor who can juggle several issues at once; youre able to effectively consider & solve both short & long-term problems
- Execution-oriented; a self-starter who takes action & achieves tangible results
- A natural at public affairs; an excellent communicator with demonstrated writing, editing, & speaking skills
- You thrive in fast-paced environments & feel comfortable with a high level of responsibility
- You have a strong ability to articulate strategic objectives & have a deep knowledge of government & politics;
- In policy or geographic areas that are new to you, you can quickly get up to speed, identify the key issues, & quickly develop & execute a strategy;
- Have extensive experience managing relationships with a broad spectrum of stakeholders
- Have significant legislative, political, campaign, and/or advocacy experience
At Via, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. Were building revolutionary technology thats changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation thats friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the worlds biggest cities & is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. Weve provided more than 50 million shared rides already, & were growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries, projects in more than 50 markets, & a goal of 200 deployments by the end of 2019. If youre someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, & loves getting things done, wed love to hear from you!
Via offers above market compensation packages & benefits, including equity, health insurance, & relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.