About Us VIDEO
Pivotal Software combines platform, tools, & methodology to help the worlds largest companies transform the way they build software & run their most strategic applications. Our technology is used by Global 2000 companies & developers to give software development & IT operations a strategic advantage. Founded in 2013, Pivotal unleashes software-developer productivity & creates an environment for innovation to scale, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
You have a passion for learning & for delivering high-quality results. Youre comfortable working side by side with various teams & have a roll up your sleeves mentality. Youre agile & retrospective, & not afraid to identify what were doing wrong so we can fix it, & what we're doing right so we can improve on it. Above all, you judge your success by the success of your team & the happiness of our customers.
Pivotals Finance, Operations, & Real Estate teams create the commercial, physical & cultural frameworks that help us grow & scale. We collaborate to keep our business running smoothly & ensure we stay on track to meet (and exceed) our goals. We also design & support work environments that reflect our culture & help you reach your highest potential.
As a Senior Business Operations Manager you will work closely with our finance, operations & sales teams. The overarching goal is to facilitate software & services transactions that are compliant with booking & revenue policies & have outcomes that align with the tactical & strategic goals of Pivotal. Youll do this by leveraging your knowledge of: Pivotals products & technology, systems, legal terms, revenue recognition & booking policy & enterprise sales guile.
Required Skills / Experiences
- Analytical ability, creativity, attention to detail, problem solving, organization & prioritization skills
- Sense of urgency & tendency to be proactive
- Ability to liaise with multiple internal divisions & departments
- Excellent communication, presentation & interpersonal skills including the ability to interact, communicate & build relationships
- Desire & curiosity to understand company strategy & help move the needle
- Financial or accounting experience with proficiency in spreadsheets
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Financial or Operations Analyst background
- 4+ years of related experience
- Experience utilizing Salesforce.com, Word, Google Docs
- Understanding of a subscription software business
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. For San Francisco-based employment, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.