As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Verifi Product Development team is seeking a Sr Staff Software Engineer to lead a world-class team of software & systems engineers to deliverclient-ready solutionsby building the next generation of systems, automation & tools tosupport overall productivity & developer efficiencies. You will provide strategy, vision & technical leadership to the product developmentteams across Visa Verifi to ensure engineering teams are building products that use a foundational approach that prioritizes high availability & security.
You will be responsible for mentoring top engineering talent, keeping the team highly engaged & motivated while delivering exceptional results. Your ability to work across functions & teams will allow you to drive results & foster the right culture & environment to achieve Engineering Excellence & Innovation.You will be responsible for working with product development, quality engineering, security engineering, enterprise operations & other internal & external technology partners to deliver products for business integration & enablement.
- Provide leadership & technical guidance within Visa Technology Compliance Policies on tools development, automation, system stability, availability & overall integration strategies & plans.
- Develop technology strategies & road maps to meet business objectives by collaborating with Development, Operations, & other Visa's organizations.
- Own system technical design discussions with global teams to ensure business & technical requirements are understood & properly documented & implemented, including understanding customer scenarios.
- Keep executive management informed of progress & any obstacles of development, Releases & risks to Visa & to its customers.
- Apply creative thinking/approaches to determine the best solutions that further support developer efficiency.
- Partner with product development & application architecture teams to drive the evolution of availability, across VMs & Containers.
- Establish clear, aligned goals & direction; provide candid feedback & coaching to maximize team competency, support career management & development of direct reports.
- Achieve Operational/Engineering Excellence: availability, stability, efficiency, with an availability first mindset directed towards all product development efforts.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- 10+ years' experience in software development, systems engineering, operations leadership, & or support; at least five of which are in engineering lead role. Digital, mobile, & payments product development experience strongly preferred.
- Experiencewith tools development, automation (CI/CD, Auto Deployment, System Availability, etc.).
- Extended experience in Agile Release Management practices, governance, & planning.
- Ability to quickly identify & manage/mitigate risks.
- Ability to influence Senior Leadership on direction of engineering efficiencies & integration management through data, roadmaps, short/long term plans, etc.
- Strong ability to build & sustain working & strategic relationships across technology.
- Experience with large-scale systems with both VM & Container basedmulti data-center (active active) solutions, external 3rd parties such as Akamai, Cloud Fare, etc. & how to bring the solution together into a single view.
- Extensive technical experience with full stack HTTP, REST APIs, JSON, databases, Java & web frameworks at scale.
- Experience with both NoSQL & SQL datastores including Oracle, Cassandra, MySQL, MongoDB
- Experience in eCommerce systems.
- Experience within container space, understands & able to quickly build & drive team to support future systems.
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated ability to lead global, cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical andproblem solving skills.
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure & tight deadlines.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.