Company Description|Job Description
PubMatic is the automation solutions company for an open digital media industry. Featuring the leading omni-channel revenue automation platform for publishers & enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic's publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale. Processing nearly one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to activate meaningful connections between consumers, content & brands. Since 2006, PubMatic's focus on data & technology innovation has fueled the growth of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 11 offices & six data centers worldwide.
The Program Management team at PubMatic fuels the prioritisation & execution of corporate strategies. Members of the Program Management team lead critical, cross-functional & complex initiatives to completion by ensuring that geographically distributed teams execute seamlessly.
The Program Manager role will report directly to the Headof PMO & will bear extreme importance due to the nature of duties it will perform. This role will havethreemain areas of responsibility:
- Management of cross functional programs aligned with a product vertical. In this capacity, the Program Manager will partner with Product & Engineering leaders to identify, prioritize & execute complex product development initiatives.
- Partner with the Engineering & IT leadership to identify & spearhead the execution of technology initiatives aimed at improving software development processes, internal applications & PubMatic's global IT infrastructure.
- Management of agile transformation initiative at PubMatic. In this capacity, the Program Manager will train, measure & mentor product development agile teams as they adopt advanced agile practices. This role may involve hands-on coaching, classroom training for the Scrum Masters & Product Owners.
Following are some key duties this role will perform:
- Lead day to day execution of programs while working with teams comprising of highly accomplished engineering, UX, product & QA leads
- Interact with engineering executives on a daily basis in order to facilitate informed decision making
- Proactively manage risks, issues & dependencies
- Partner with Product & EngineeringManagers and:
- Contribute towards product road-map planning
- Manage resource planning
- Coach the product development teams on agile product developmentprocesses
- Manage reporting, monitoring & control functions during product development
- Set a gold standard for concise, polished & crisp communication & coach others on how to improve
- Define, evangelize & manage the evolution of custom processes & frameworks in order to fill process & execution gaps
- Manage the development & roll out of processes, internal applications & PubMatic's global IT infrastructure
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a strongly associated discipline
- In-depth & practical knowledge of agile development methodologies
- At least 10 years of overall experience, of which 5 years in program management or similar experience where the candidate has led cross-functional teams
- At least 3 years of experience interacting (presenting, facilitating decisions making) with VP & C-Level managers
- Past experience as a Technical Product Manager or an Engineering Lead/Manager. The candidate must be technically savvy & completely at ease with leading successful engineering focused discussions
- Impeccable communication skills - ability to tailor the communication style to suit the audience & the situation
- Pragmatic & logical approach - ability to rein in creative minds at the right time in order to ensure focus on execution
- Ability to quickly understand context & apply big-picture thinking to achieve tangible results
- Exemplary time-management & multi-tasking skills
- Excellent conflict management skills
- Expert in exercising leadership by influence
- Get-it-done mindset & a hands on approach to managing teams
Nice to Haves:
- Prior Ad-tech experience
- Previous experience running IT Infrastructure projects
- Prior consulting experience with a leading IT Consulting firm
- Scrum (Product Owner & Scrum Master) andPMP certification
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.