Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency & public blockchains for payments, commerce & financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms & products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure & capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 23 billion in circulation & supported over $640B in transactions in the past year. Circles payments & treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account & APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system & digital currency & blockchain based finance. Circles SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising & capital formation to startups & growth companies. Combined, Circles suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global & inclusive financial system.
What youll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value, Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains & digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient & integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people & businesses everywhere can more freely connect & transact with each other with new technologies for digital money & internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people & companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse & which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees & families, our local communities & our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, & High Integrity.
What youll be responsible for:
As part of the Compliance Programs team, you will help to create a central global function focused on developing a best in class compliance management system, which will support all regional & core compliance team functions. This team is responsible for risk management through a combination of development, assessment & oversight of key compliance programs throughout Circle. Specifically, you will build a team that will be responsible for creating & managing a highly effective program that demonstrates compliance with all applicable laws & regulations, managing regulatory engagements, conducting risk assessments across the global compliance program & supporting global licensing initiatives. The right candidate will possess & demonstrate deep regulatory, strategy, process & systems design, communication, time management, data analytics, presentation & change agility abilities.
What you'll work on:
- Define & drive Circles approach, framework, & operating model for identifying & managing global regulatory obligations in a systematic, repeatable, & efficient manner.
- Assist in monitoring & managing operational & regulatory risks & controls taking into account changes to legislation & regulation.
- Ensure that effective systems & controls are in place to meet regulatory, legislative & internal governance requirements.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of regulatory requirements & lead the process to ensure any developments are incorporated into procedures & practices.
- Develop, maintain & review policies, procedures & processes to ensure compliance with applicable internal, legal & regulatory standards.
- Assist regional Heads of Compliance in ensuring that all regulatory processes are scalable & remain compliant.
- Conduct risk assessments & review the efficiency & effectiveness of compliance processes, identify gaps & make recommendations to enhance governance & risk programmes globally.
- Develop & maintain relationships & engagement with various external stakeholders including regulators, banking partners & auditors.
- Work closely with Legal, Product & other internal stakeholders to support license application processes across multiple regions.
- Develop enhancement plans for compliance programs & create reports & key presentations to update leadership on the progress of compliance & regulatory initiatives.
- Multi-task to play other leadership & execution roles, as needed, in Circles overall Compliance & Risk function.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication & commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees & families & local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener & to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission & our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity & you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open & honest communication, & you hold yourself to very high moral & ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty & intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- 10+ years of relevant experience in building & overseeing compliance programs in either banking, consulting, or cryptocurrency. Experience at RegTech or FinTech companies preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of & passion for harnessing the power of digital currency & blockchain technology & services built on top of it.
- Have detailed knowledge of regulatory obligations in the money transmission, payments & e-money business.
- Have proven experience & direct interaction with relevant regulatory agencies.
- Experience working hands-on with other cross-functional team leaders, such as lawyers, engineers, product managers, data analysts, operations analysts in improving compliance processes & systems.
- Experience & comfort working in an ever-changing industry & the flexibility to quickly react to changing demands.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack & Apple MacOS preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.