BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeed Shopping is a destination for service-oriented, entertaining, & informative affiliate content for our fellow shopping enthusiasts. Our freelancer program is rapidly growing as we start to strategize new ways to diversify & broaden our content. We now work with an ever-expanding pool of freelancers who share our passion for describing & carefully curating new, exciting products so readers can make meaningful & informed purchases that help them live their lives better. Our goal is for freelancer & full-time staff writers posts to seamlessly blend together, allowing our audience to enjoy a consistent experience when visiting BuzzFeed Shopping. We aim to sustainably grow our freelancers content contribution, & develop a strong freelancer community who has a firm understanding of our voice & editorial standards.
We are looking for an Associate Freelance Editor for a full-time position on this team. The ideal candidate already has plenty of experience writing entertaining & conversational shopping content, & also has experience in editing consumer- & shopping-related content. You know how to manage your time wisely, & can edit multiple drafts a day without sacrificing quality. Youre not intimidated by busy listservs perhaps you even thrive off of organizing your inbox! You can keep track of a full editing schedule, & will maintain a positive relationship with our freelancers.
- Edit freelance posts so that they meet our general best practices, are written in the BuzzFeed voice, & seamlessly blend with our regular BuzzFeed Shopping content.
- Keep track of your weekly editing schedule to make sure posts are submitted by their deadlines & are published in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the Market Freelance Strategy & Process Manager to help fulfill monthly partnership goals.
- Previous experience writing lists & shopping content or exemplary blogging/writing experience about consumer products.
- 1+ years of experience editing shopping stories, either by staff or freelancers.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent time management & organizational skills.
- Previous affiliate experience is a big plus.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.