Harrys is looking for a talented, experienced software engineer to join our team to focus on building & improving the harrys.com web application & associated systems. The Harrys website serves millions of customers, so this is a great opportunity to do impactful work at a huge scale.
About the Team
The Engineering team at Harrys is responsible for building the software to support all e-commerce activities: from building customer-facing, responsive interfaces to tools for managing fulfillment & order processing. In the last year, our team built features like Mystery Item, Gift Cards & Membership, launched new body wash & soap products, launched our first new brand Flamingo using the JAM stack, built out a Pride campaign, held a Hackathon that produced some features like Quick Add, & did many more awesome things.
About the Role
Were looking for a software engineer who can help us build a Direct To Consumer brand experience that customers continue to love. In this role, youll become a key contributor in building features in & improving our application. Youll be working closely with product management & design teams to achieve business goals while driving engineering excellence & best practices in our engineering organization. Systems & software you build will help us serve thoughtful & delightful customer experiences in a way our retail competitors cannot.
What you will accomplish:
- Become a key contributor in the design & implementation of new features on Harrys.
- Work closely with our Product & Design teams to solve customer pain points.
- Make improvements to existing functionality to make them more performant, reliable, testable, & maintainable.
- Contribute to our agile planning, code reviews, testing methodology, & on-call systems, & think critically & constructively about how to improve & shape those processes.
This should describe you:
- You have a Bachelors in computer science or software engineering, have gone through other forms of software engineering education, or have 1+ years of relevant work experience.
- You have a passion for developing web applications, troubleshooting & debugging issues.
- You are always seeking opportunities to improve your own work.
- You are humble, & leave your ego at the door. You are able to take feedback gracefully & act on it, as well as give thoughtful feedback.
- You are enthusiastic about being a resource for the people on your team.
- You are curious about software & how things work, you work to understand technical problems, & you stay current.
- Youre looking to drive tangible impact in your next career opportunity.
- You have a passion for solving complex & tough problems & thrive in a culture of innovation.
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protectivehairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.