BuzzFeed News is looking for a highly, efficient, detail-oriented & experienced Video Editor, with a strong background in editing host-driven video content, to work on a Facebook Watch show That Literally Happened!.Reporting to the shows Senior Producer & working with another editor & Motion Graphics Designers.
Successful candidates will have a deep interest in the culture & history of the 1990s, an understanding of the BuzzFeed brand, & a history of self-motivated project management, as well as a proven track record of delivering editorial video content for broadcast and/or streaming digital platforms. You should enjoy a fast-paced work environment, quick-turn deadlines, are a team player & enjoy working in an ever-evolving format. Experience with creating content for Facebook Watch is a plus.
This is a full-time on-site contract role in our NYC office.
- Assemble, edit, & deliver episodes of a weekly 90s nostalgia show for Facebook Watch
- Editing & delivery of additional editorial & social video content for & around the show,with guidance from the shows Senior Producer, & also BuzzFeed News expert digital audience & curation teams
- 5+ years experience in online video editing for broadcast and/or streaming digital, preferably host-driven format.
- Expert mastery of editing in Adobe Premiere & familiarity with Adobe After Effects graphics workflows
- Experience managing networked media assets in a shared environment
- Knowledge of chroma-key workflows & web video standards/codecs a must
- Please submit resume & a URL to your reel/portfolio (no PDFs or dropbox links please)
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeedcelebrates inclusion andis committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA & NYC!
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.