As a Certified B Corporation, AeroFarms is a mission-driven company with global headquarters in Newark, NJ, championing indoor vertical farming & fundamentally transforming agriculture. Recognized by Fast Company as one of the Worlds Most Innovative Companies & by Inc.com as one of the Top 25 Disruptive Companies in the World, AeroFarms is scaling to meet the demand for our fresh, locally grown produce that is setting new culinary standards, & we need someone special who can bring their experience to help us grow further. Must be aligned with our mission & passionate about making a difference.
- An incredible change-the-world company with the eyes of the world focused on our success.
- A team of motivated, intellectually-curious individuals to support you.
- Backed by some seriously impressive firms including Goldman Sachs, Prudential, leading VCs, and strategic partners with a view on global expansion.
AeroFarms is seeking a dynamic Sales Account Manager who is passionate about our mission and to share our exciting AeroFarms & Dream Greens stories to build exceptional relationships with strategic partners, investors, & customers.
- Cultivate a strong relationship with existing customers & securing new customer accounts in the Northeast Region to meet sales goals & develop account specific P&Ls; factoring in all costs of doing business such as Product Offering, Pricing Strategies, Merchandising Programs, & Distribution & Logistics.
- Manage inbound & inside sales needs.
- Support the sales forecast activities by providing customer insights.
- Collaborate with cross functional departments to ensure flawless execution of current business & new expansion initiatives.
- Represent the company at relevant industry & community events.
- A bachelors degree in Business Administration, Finance, Supply Chain, Marketing, or equivalent.
- A professional with 4-6 years of relevant grocery retail & food service experience in Sales, Business Development, Account Management, Category Management, & Merchandising - preferably with CPG food experience & ideally with fresh produce know-how.
- Experience with ERP, CRM, & EDI/Online Order Taking in order to own & define business requirements for these systems & to manage effectively our sales needs & customer management.
- Experience with Nielsen/IRI & other syndicated data.
- A strong ability to structure, analyze, & manipulate data in Excel.
- The passion, energy interpersonal skills, & love of selling to build exceptional customer relationships & share the exciting AeroFarms story.
- The agility to work in a constantly changing environment while simultaneously being a positive agent for change.
- The willingness to pitch in wherever critical needs arise.
- A track record of problem-solving & the cognitive ability to think of solutions that others hadnt considered.
- A strong project manager with a level of organization & attention to detail that is envied by others & you have used your abilities to effectively manage & prioritize multiple tasks.
- Car to travel for regular customer meetings, store visits, market audits, & events & ability to lift 25 to 50 pounds for set up of events. Ability to work weekends & evenings as needed because we want to connect with our consumers.
You might also have:
- Bilingual language skills in Spanish
- Knowledge of NJ/NY metro market
- A love of food with a background in restaurant/hospitality because food experience really matters.